Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

My 09' Lancer GTS with EVO X Projectors + OEM HID

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My 09' Lancer GTS with EVO X Projectors + OEM HID

******UPDATED*******
Made a HOW TO on this.

Hi guys! Some people says the EVOX Projectors are not compatible or need major modification in a lot of forums arround the internet.
NOT TRUE.

Here's the proof.

Here are some pics of the Evo X projectors on my lancer. They are plug-n-play. They fits perfect with NO modifications and took me
like 40 minutes to install including removing the front bumper.

The OEM HID works perfectly!!!

Opinions are welcome as always.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Turbotech; Feb 4, 2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 06:47 AM
Account Disabled

that looks great man. good job

did u pay OEM price or got a good deal?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LuDa
that looks great man. good job

did u pay OEM price or got a good deal?
$200 pair, with all and OEM HID from a wrecked EVO X. They are in perfect condition.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

I hate you sooo much right now!!! LOL I want those so bad it makes me sick. They look great though, good job.

BTW - Nice hood too!
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

that does look nice as hell.. what about the DRL's? is there a problem with those? From what I know, the DRL's in the projectors were located in a different location I believe
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
car looks good, was the salvage evo where your hood came from ? you should have kept the vents black. oh well car looks good, nice choice on rims.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

That looks really nice man. Are you putting RA Tails on it? They would look sick.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbotech
$200 pair, with all and OEM HID from a wrecked EVO X. They are in perfect condition.
ARE YOU KIDDING! Wow, 200 each or for the both? Thats a sick deal either way. You would happen to have pics of installing them. Did you install the leveling adjuster in your dash as well? I would be concerned if they weren't leveled right when removed and then they would be stuck that way.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MaRcO_GTS86
that does look nice as hell.. what about the DRL's? is there a problem with those? From what I know, the DRL's in the projectors were located in a different location I believe
Ther's no problem with DRL's but i think the owner of those projectors disable them .
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Man I wish there was a DIY for installing these. I know they fit right, but I'd be just worried about whats going on behind the light assembly, how the bulbs fit in, if ballasts are needed, etc... For example, what do you do with the standard Low beam wire harness, does that simply plug into the back of the HID bulb? ugh, i need pics.... can you pop the hood and take a pic of the connections, maybe cirle what you had to plug in or change?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancer0220
car looks good, was the salvage evo where your hood came from ? you should have kept the vents black. oh well car looks good, nice choice on rims.
My evo x hood came stock on the car from the dealer and with the vents blue. My car was the showroom car in the dealer and they installed a lot of evo parts (engine and interior) and sold me the car like that. I have a pic thread of my car.

The rims are a photoshop!, that's my next mod.

I have the GT Concept complete body kit already in my house waiting to be painted.

Future mods :
A carbon lip for the trunk
evo x recaro seats
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mav550
That looks really nice man. Are you putting RA Tails on it? They would look sick.
Yes! but later.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
ARE YOU KIDDING! Wow, 200 each or for the both? Thats a sick deal either way. You would happen to have pics of installing them. Did you install the leveling adjuster in your dash as well? I would be concerned if they weren't leveled right when removed and then they would be stuck that way.
Yes 200 for the pair. I don't have pics of the instalation, sorry.
So easy a caveman can do it! hehe

Lucky they are aligned correctly. I don't have the leveling adjuster in my dash, but I will install that later. Need to find in the dealer the cost of that switch.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
Man I wish there was a DIY for installing these. I know they fit right, but I'd be just worried about whats going on behind the light assembly, how the bulbs fit in, if ballasts are needed, etc... For example, what do you do with the standard Low beam wire harness, does that simply plug into the back of the HID bulb? ugh, i need pics.... can you pop the hood and take a pic of the connections, maybe cirle what you had to plug in or change?
You don't need to change nothing. The harness and housing is IDENTICAL to the one on the regular Lancer. That's why I said it plug n play. The high and low beams functions are correct. The ballast came already in the in the projectors.

The only thing that I notice is that housing touch and bend a little the INJEN CAI because is a little longer to acomodate the HID ligths . But it's not a problem.

I will upload pics later.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

damn Im gonna keep my eyes peeled for a wrecked evo

Quick Reply: My 09' Lancer GTS with EVO X Projectors + OEM HID