Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Question About Fitting Evo Parts Into a 02-03 OZ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2009, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question About Fitting Evo Parts Into a 02-03 OZ

Hello,

I saw the thread about putting a Evo 9 steering wheel on a Lancer and found it cool but wanted to ask another questions as well.

Can the Evo front and rear seats fir in a Lancer OZ without needing to do serrious modifications? If so what years of Evo seats would fit? I ask as the Recarro Evo seats look for better and more comfortable than whats in a stock OZ.

Can a Evo dash cluster fit in a 02-03 OZ Lancer?

Also, Does anyone make a double din kit for the Lancer that allows the double din to be up top and the AC contriolls to move in the opening below?

Justin
Old Jun 20, 2009, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

I think all interior can be swapped between evos and lancers. check out in the Lancer How Tos/Questions/Tips.

There they have a few how to's and changing the seats(front and rear) and the gauge is a direct swap. Orbital double din will also fit. short shifters, gauge ash trey pods, e-brake handles... yup
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Knight,

I saw some of the stuff like the orbital kit on the Evo audio forums but saw one post saying they had quit making the kit and wondering if it because some japanese site was selling them for like 50bucks shipped, went to the japanese site but didnt find it in the cedia section, Ill look in the Evo section though now I know they are the same.

Regarding the seats I saw one how to about putting in the reat seats but didnt see the one about the front, will look again. I think the Evo seats look way nicer and more comfortable.

Out of curiosity does it matter rather its a Evo 8 or 9 when going to swap the interior parts?

Now on funny side if I ever do all this stuff I ask about will have probally spent enough buy a used Evo.

Thanks for all the information though as has answered my questions.

Justin
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Evo 8 and Evo 9 are the same interior. Its the X thats different.

I honestly am not sure what would need to be done to get the recaros to fit in, it you buy them with the rails and sliders, i would guess they would just bolt right in.
Do you have a link to the japanese site selling the double din kits?
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Knight,

I just went back to the Evo thread and found it again, I had price wrong, they said its 60 dollars for the radio part . The link they gave was http://www.japanparts.com/ but I didnt find it there as only looked in the Cedia section as didnt know the evo parts would fit or not.

Also was told about the stereo shop on link below in another forum, they seem to have good prices. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/

Justin
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

On the first link you listed there is a double din for RHD listed for 235 USD, under the lancer/cedia section. But then with shipping you midas well just get a used orbital kit for 300 with the HVAC relocation
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Knight,

Thats true, but below is the link they said they spent on the evo forum. Check out, I think, post number 17 in link of thread below. On that same thread they spoke of orbital kit to but the link the gave sent me only to nothing, then another thread said that kits no longer made. Do you have a link to it?

http://tinyurl.com/nml6zx

If Cedia parts are transferable to our cars maybe can get someone to just ship cedia parts here from Asia for much cheaper price. Japan takes cars off the road and they ship them to other countries , like Philippines, some complete with aftermasrket body kits, rrims, suspension and etc , the filipinos convert them to put steering wheel on correct side and sell them at cheap price that still allow them to proffit. Many though also get parted out in surplus part stores, very cheap parts, will try to find out if maybe they have such part in one of those shops, if so should be extreemly cheap.

Justin
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Damn dude, i didn't see this when i was on japanparts.com, but post 17 on the link you gave me had an item # so i typed it in and it took me to this link:
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...ey=180-042-001

Perfect! 60 bucks shipped to your door, then just do what the guy here did Make your own climate control bezel
and your'll have it lookin sick in no time!

Waaay better then paying 300 for a used orbital kit. and on japanparts you can select the color you want of the double din too, grey black or silver. nice find!
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

This is pretty much the inside set up that i have in my room, yet to install. It;s going to look sick once its done, too bad tho cuz i would have gotten this double din.

This a pic i found on SCLC.net
Old Jun 21, 2009, 12:57 AM
Evolving Member

Hello Knight,

That interior design looks very nice, I had been thinking that the radio would be good there in the cubby. Did you change all your lights? On mine they are different colors as for whatever reason the speedo is red and the the rest a greenish color.

Out of curiosity, How much did it cost to have your body kit mounted and painted? I ask as have been wondering what it cost to have a body kit installed and painted.

Justin
Old Jun 21, 2009, 02:47 AM
Evolving Member

I paid abuout a grand to have it painted and installed. Although the shop i took it to I would never take another car to as long as I live. They sucked ***, did not do at all the things that I was paying for with the install. There were minor modifications to the kit that needed to be made, and instead of doing them, they just left it totally half assed. Make sure you get some good feedback from other people about shops in your area before you commit to one.

The speedo is stock white face with red lights. The other ones are pretty simple to change out to get red. I preaonally like blue.. But it's not easy finding blue lighted gauges. So I'll be sticking with red for now.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 03:19 AM
Evolving Member

Hello,

The red lights at least for me make the guages hard to see at night, not sure if bulbs need replaced or what but even with it on bright as it goes its not really very bright and no hope of reading the tripometer.

Thanks for the information about the bodykit, I had been wondering what install cost.

Your body kit doesnt look bad in the pics, see some on cars riding around that look really bad like have no mesh where mesh should be and for whatever reason have front bumpers that protrude way out to extent that the cars look like those old time locomotives or something.

Earlier today went to car show here , no lancers but one evolution in show with girl owner, was kinda neat show though. Was thinking there may be mechanics or body shop people there advertising their services but saw none.

Justin
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by White_KnightOZ
Damn dude, i didn't see this when i was on japanparts.com, but post 17 on the link you gave me had an item # so i typed it in and it took me to this link:

Perfect! 60 bucks shipped to your door, then just do what the guy here did Make your own climate control bezel
and your'll have it lookin sick in no time!

Waaay better then paying 300 for a used orbital kit. and on japanparts you can select the color you want of the double din too, grey black or silver. nice find!
Hi. I'm in the process of building the lower HVAC bezel for 02-07 Lancers. I have 2 already made, one installed in my car, and another I created for practice which got a bit damaged and I'm working on it to fix it. 201Motorsports was asking $180+shipping on this part alone before they ran out of it. They also said that Orbital will not create more of these kits. Now, I'll be asking $150 shipped to anywhere in the US, but there's no international shipping at the moment. If your interested, or know someone who is, let me know. Check out my work at www.cardomain.com/ride/2667426 on page 2. There you'll see the finished part and how it looks installed.
Another thing... Orbital asked for payment before the part was even built. I will build the parts first, then throw them for sale. Once finished, they'll probably be listed at eBay, unless I get orders with prompt payment before I get to list them.
I'll be buying the necessary parts for the build this week, but take about a week to arrive because they're special order from the dealer. I will only build the lower HVAC bezel because you can find the 2 DIN Bezel at
JapanParts.com ships via USPS Express Mail, which takes about 8-10 days from Japan, so it's a good deal and a lot $$$ to save. I'm not too good with the grain finish part, so I can only provide smooth finish in Black, White(not pearl), Red, Yellow, Silver or Dark Gray.
Let me know.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Can someone please help me. I have a 2002 mitsubishi lancer OZ RALLY and i need to replace my downpipe but I cant seem to find any aftermarket downpipes anywhere for the car. They only make them for the evos and im looking for a non evo downpipe. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

"Google is your friend."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07...30153005r35792

Quick Reply: Question About Fitting Evo Parts Into a 02-03 OZ