Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Tein STech for 02-05 ES Want See Photos

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein STech for 02-05 ES Want See Photos

Hi guys. I want lower my car to get rid of wheel gaps. My ride 2004 Lancer ES, rocking on 14s steels. I am gonna go with Tein Stech, but cant find any REAL photos of how it would sit on them. I saw lot of OZ, but as I know they got different drop.
Thanks.
Old May 29, 2014, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The drop should be almost identical as far as the fender gap goes. OZ's will look lower due to the ground effects.
Old May 29, 2014, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
The drop should be almost identical as far as the fender gap goes. OZ's will look lower due to the ground effects.
Do you know something about megan racing springs for these cars? Cause I use to have them on my BMW back in days, they was as bouncy as cheap raceland coils
Wonder if they make any better product for lancer. Cause i find very good deal on them.
Old May 30, 2014, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any Lowering spring on a lancer will be a bit bouncy since the shock isn't rated for the spring. Thats the case when you slap lowering springs on almost any car without upgrading your struts. I have megan Coilovers on my Lancer and they do alright. I only got coil overs because no one made stiffer shocks for the lancer. So Lowering springs were not an option for me. Im sure that is still the case.
Old May 30, 2014, 07:32 PM

Any Lowering spring on a lancer will be a bit bouncy since the shock isn't rated for the spring. Thats the case when you slap lowering springs on almost any car without upgrading your struts. I have megan Coilovers on my Lancer and they do alright. I only got coil overs because no one made stiffer shocks for the lancer. So Lowering springs were not an option for me. Im sure that is still the case.
I use to have H&R Sport 1.5/1 on stock shocks on e36, they wasnt bouncy at all, perfect for me for DD.
Personally I dont want go with coils, cause they are too expensive, and I dont want go lower then 1,5inch. I just dont need them on such slow car. But I loved cornering on coils at my old 328
I heard that kyb can handle drop up to 1,5inch. I just wonder that megan springs will be too stiff for them. But Tein just give 1.2/0.9 that seems not far from stock. But they are progressive, more comfortable for daily.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:02 AM

Sorry for double post.
But I just found out on Tein Site that oz/ralli springs give 1,8/1,1 drop and Es is 1,2/0,9.
Im just not sure that my gap will gone with so might drop.