Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Springs...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2002, 03:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Springs...

Trying to order Eibach Sportlines - noone on the net seems to have them.. Anyone help?
Old Apr 21, 2002, 03:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Look a little harder next time

RRM has em
Old Apr 21, 2002, 03:35 AM
Evolving Member

what about nopi?
Old Apr 21, 2002, 03:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'll look harder too Forgot about them. I'm still mad at them for selling a body kit without pics, and the response they gave me when I asked em how they sell products that provide nothing but looks w/o a single picture. Curses to Nopi!
Old Apr 21, 2002, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

i am having the same trouble as you...ive been looking for sprtlines but everyone only has the pro kit....what hobie doesnt know is that rrm has the pro kit and not the sport lines....so your looking hard enough, just no ones selling them.
Old Apr 21, 2002, 09:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We have Prokits.

ROAD/RACE

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Apr 21, 2002, 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor

I wanted to share some wisdom with you guys who are perhaps buying springs for the first time. Springs that are too short on stock shocks will tend to bottom out and cause your car to handle poorly. On our road racing car we have played with many suspensions and settings on coilovers etc... We test often. Part of what we do is put a zip tie around the shock shaft to see how much travel we use on the track. When we come in, we check to see if it was pushed all the way to the top of the shaft(bottomed out.) If so, guess what, we raise the car. The suspension is not going to work well if it is constantly hitting the bump stops. Low looks cool but it is not going to be as functional. Mitsubishi shocks tend to be short compared to say a Honda. This makes it even more critical to not over lower the car. I know chicks dig it but it should look pretty good with a Prokit spring. Sportline will probably look better but not handle well.
Choices
Prokit= 1.0 x chicks, better than stock handling.
Sportlines= 1.3 x chicks, worse than stock handling.
Just my opinion after 15 years of racing pro rally and road racing.

Robert Tallini
ROAD/RACE

Old Apr 21, 2002, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

i am totally with this you on this one ROCK.....but....and this is a big but....eibach claims, and this is why im waiting to see the test results, that the pro kit and spotlines both lower the car to safe levels while still maintaining a low look...im sure you know this but the sportline hasnt come out for our car, so theres no factual information on whether the sport line will be worse handling....please post some more info to correct me if im wrong, cause if your right, ill get the pro kit, we dont know for sure, then ill wait it out for the better.

no argument, just keeping an open mind.
Old Apr 21, 2002, 11:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Not sure how low sportlines will be. I assume they are lower. Just keep this stuff in mind when you find out how low. Nothing worse than getting something and then hating it. I have a 1G GSX that I drive everyday that I bought with some pimp low f...d up Intrax on it. I remind myself everyday how poor handling it is and srewed up the ride is. Trade off is Junior high school girls always check me out. Makes me feel young!

ROAD/RACE
Old May 1, 2002, 08:26 AM

According to Super Street, there are Intrax Springs on your "Modern Image" Lancer Project car. Whats that all about.
Old May 1, 2002, 08:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Yes, in a rush for SEMA show that is all we had to play with. We modified them some to be a show car. By the way, Love **** **** too!

Road/Race
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com
Old May 1, 2002, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

ROCK my homie can u calculate my stuff?
Old May 1, 2002, 09:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by ROCK
By the way, Love **** **** too!
Wow...never would have guessed it. Two **** **** fans aside. Who'da thunkit?

Oh...uh...ROCK, Will you guys be carrying Intrax springs as well (even if it's not definite a "probably" or "probably not" would be good) when they are manufactured and released?

Note: I understand your previous experience, but that doesn't mean that you think all intrax springs are bad...right?

Last edited by HobieKopek; May 1, 2002 at 09:43 AM.
Old May 5, 2002, 10:00 AM
Former Sponsor

RRM

Intrax are fine. If they fulfill the same purpose(features...) as Eibachs we probably won't carry them. I would like to test drive them and see if they are significantly better on the Lancer. If they are I would carry them. If not then Eibachs hard to beat for the $.

ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/