Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Best All-Seasons! I need opinions!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best All-Seasons! I need opinions!

List off the best all-seasons that you guys have experienced. i'm looking for a good compromise between noise, snow traction, and dry/wet performance. Snow traction is important here because I live in WI and hour winters are HEAVY. I'm not getting snow tires because of the whole TPMS thing...which is probably hurting more than it is helping becuase I'm sure many others, like myself, are foregoing the whole two sets of tires thing.

So my thoughts right now are Toyo Proxes4 or Falken Ze912.

Any thoughts? And please no "that tire sux" posts
Old Oct 10, 2008, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah i would def. want to know what tires to get to, cause stock tires are horrible, almost crash a bunch of times due to the tires loosing traction!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Pirelli P Zero All Seasons aren't that bad...they're not too expensive either.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Any time you make compromises you obviously reduce the ability of the car to handle other conditions. Some all-season tires are OK summer tires but they're horrible snow tires and vice versa. There's a saying "all-seasons are no season". If you can afford it, I strongly suggest getting two sets of tires. If not, I had BFG Traction TAs on my lancer and they weren't horrible.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Go to Tire Rack's website and look at their survey results for all-seasons. They rate the tires on all the different performance areas and you can make your decision based on that and the prices.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 08:58 PM

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position, hands down. AMAZING tires.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 03:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jnick
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position, hands down. AMAZING tires.
+1! You won't be disappointed !
Old Oct 12, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

ok guys, thanks for your posts.

for Amby, I can afford two sets of tires, and I did so in the past with my mustang, but it's the whole TPMS bit that's got me by the nuts. I don't want to have to pay like $175 for a set of TPMS then take it to the dealer twice a year to get them calibrated. So I figure if I get a good set of All-seasons with decent snow traction, then it wouldn't be a problem.

For SamT83, I go to Tirerack every day! lol They have a great selection and the reviews and rating systems seems pretty good and I have bought from there before and they're super fast shipping, but they don't offer some of the other brands like Falken or Toyo among many others so I was looking to get opinions from other that might be running sets that they're really happy with.

Any more guys? They don't have to be on your lancer. Just any all-season on any car you've driven that you thought performed fairly well. Snow traction is a HUGE plus!
Old Oct 12, 2008, 06:42 PM

Toyo Versado LX or Yokohama ADVAN S4 or Yokohama AVID W4S or Goodyear Assurance TripleTred or Goodyear Eagle F1 All-Season or Kumho Solus KR21

take your pick, these are just suggestions of all season tires with good snow traction
Old Oct 12, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YeOldeLancer
ok guys, thanks for your posts.

for Amby, I can afford two sets of tires, and I did so in the past with my mustang, but it's the whole TPMS bit that's got me by the nuts. I don't want to have to pay like $175 for a set of TPMS then take it to the dealer twice a year to get them calibrated. So I figure if I get a good set of All-seasons with decent snow traction, then it wouldn't be a problem.

For SamT83, I go to Tirerack every day! lol They have a great selection and the reviews and rating systems seems pretty good and I have bought from there before and they're super fast shipping, but they don't offer some of the other brands like Falken or Toyo among many others so I was looking to get opinions from other that might be running sets that they're really happy with.

Any more guys? They don't have to be on your lancer. Just any all-season on any car you've driven that you thought performed fairly well. Snow traction is a HUGE plus!
I would seriously consider just putting up with the hassle and running two sets. All-seasons are a big compromise, you'll regret the drop in grip far more than the time and money spent to have the TPMS recalibrated every 6 months.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

^^ yah I know. I've waged the war in my head and i couldn't decide what to do. then I finally decided and now not I'm not sure anymore!! You're no help Amby!!! lol

so if i go that way, that means I'd have to get some rims, and I wanted to get rid of the stock 18s too...uggh. I'll think about it some more. I would rather run snow tires though than risk sliding into a parked car or getting stuck somewhere...dam-nit
Old Oct 14, 2008, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

i have decided to just get better all seasons... i might even just get winter tires and leave them on all year... im sure they work fine in the summer too.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

I don't see the point in buying winter tires just to run them all year. Winter tires are meant for winter, not for summer.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position
Old Oct 14, 2008, 10:13 PM

LMAO Nathan...great tires aren't they!?

Quick Reply: Best All-Seasons! I need opinions!