Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im going to snag ryancb's line and say search! Your on the thread with all the info you would need to do it. All give you a little hit. if you want to know about the rear dics swap that a few of us have done start on page 6 post 81.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 08:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just wanted to pop in and say that the 4x100 Lancer rear disc kits are still available. They are $150 shipped (in the US) for the brackets and hardware and $225 shipped including good used calipers and lines. You will still need to purchase rear rotors for an 02 Mini Cooper S with either kit because they are not included.

Also I am in the process of working on a kit for the OZ guys with the 4 x 114.3 bolt pattern. A member on here (not sure of his SN because we've been communicating via email) sent me an OZ hub and I have already verified that the 3g mirage/91-92 Galant VR-4 rear rotor slides right onto the OZ hub perfectly. I have one adapter bracket fabbed up already but I'm not 100% satisfied with the fitment. I will post some pics and keep you guys updated on whatever I come up with. I have also book marked this site on my computer so that I will remember to check in from time to time.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's good news for the OZ guys.

Did anyone do the rear conversion kit for an automatic Lancer? If so, other than the disc brakes and the conversion kit from 89mirageman, what else is needed in terms of brake booster, proportioning valve, etc? and what models fit automatic Lancers?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo Pete MTL

Did anyone do the rear conversion kit for an automatic Lancer? If so, other than the disc brakes and the conversion kit from 89mirageman, what else is needed in terms of brake booster, proportioning valve, etc? and what models fit automatic Lancers?
Link64 has a auto if I remember right. You don't need to get a new brake booster you just have to adjust it to work with the master cylinder. I just used an evo one cause I was cheap and came with the master cylinder. If you want it to look clean you could rent a brake line cutter and flaring kit. To shorten the lines up and make it look better. But you will need to get some brake lines to reach between the cylinder and the proportioning valve
Old Jun 7, 2012, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo Pete MTL

Did anyone do the rear conversion kit for an automatic Lancer?

link62 did the rear disc conv on his car and he drives a auto
Old Jun 7, 2012, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krisgoodwin84
Link64 has a auto if I remember right. You don't need to get a new brake booster you just have to adjust it to work with the master cylinder. I just used an evo one cause I was cheap and came with the master cylinder. If you want it to look clean you could rent a brake line cutter and flaring kit. To shorten the lines up and make it look better. But you will need to get some brake lines to reach between the cylinder and the proportioning valve
64? lol and one thing to remember is that the evo has the lil bit that has the line going to the clutch master cylinder so he may need to swap the reservoir to use it on a auto
Old Jun 8, 2012, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Haha oops my bad. Ya the evo has the port for the clutch on it. I tried to fit the stock res on a 1" bore master cylinder that I got form mirageman but it didn't work so thats my I went with the evo master cylinder
Old Jun 8, 2012, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys. This helps me and I'm sure it will help some of the other guys wanting to do the swap as well.

-Pete
Old Jun 8, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Pete did you get the link on the how to, with the mirage rear disc swap?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by krisgoodwin84
Pete did you get the link on the how to, with the mirage rear disc swap?
Are you referring to the how to on the Mirage forum? I've ran into that thread once. I'll look at it again once I get all the parts to start the setup.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Mirageman
Also I am in the process of working on a kit for the OZ guys with the 4 x 114.3 bolt pattern. A member on here (not sure of his SN because we've been communicating via email) sent me an OZ hub and I have already verified that the 3g mirage/91-92 Galant VR-4 rear rotor slides right onto the OZ hub perfectly. I have one adapter bracket fabbed up already but I'm not 100% satisfied with the fitment. I will post some pics and keep you guys updated on whatever I come up with. I have also book marked this site on my computer so that I will remember to check in from time to time.
Thats me MM. I'm excited about these. The rear conversion is one of the five things on my list to do before I call it quits on the Lancer.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:22 AM

Just wanted to update this thread. I have a bracket completed for the OZ 4 x 114.3 cars that want to convert to rear disc. They will be going to Green_Bandit for the install and testing and once I know everything fits as it should I will produce more if there's interest. I have a trailing arm from a 02+ Lancer that I grabbed from the local yard for mockup so I see no reason why this won't be a success.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome news, keep me posted as enough is enough with these rear drums.

Time for me to read this thread again and figure out how I want to 'upgrade' the front disc brakes :-)
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Mirageman
Just wanted to update this thread. I have a bracket completed for the OZ 4 x 114.3 cars that want to convert to rear disc. They will be going to Green_Bandit for the install and testing and once I know everything fits as it should I will produce more if there's interest. I have a trailing arm from a 02+ Lancer that I grabbed from the local yard for mockup so I see no reason why this won't be a success.
sounds good bro. what kind of pricing for entire kit? pm me details
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:01 AM

The kit will be $100 shipped and include the brackets, adapters for the ebrake cables and all mounting hardware. You will have to buy rear rotors for a 91-92 Galant VR-4, FWD 91-94 DSM rear calipers and brake pads.

I also have a pair of 5 lug hubs from an outlander/ralliart lancer for sale for anyone wanting to do the swap. My brackets will also work with these, you just purchase 1g dsm rotors instead of the galant VR-4 ones.

I would like to wait for Green_Bandit to finsih the swap on his car before I produce any more kits just in case there are any minor things that need to be changed.

Quick Reply: Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List