Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry I haven't logged on here in a while guys, kinda forgot about this thread to be honest. I've sold a ton of rear disc kits to the 93-02 Mirage guys but only two of the lancer kits so far. They are basically the same but the bolt pattern on the bracket is slightly different. I will check in here more often from now on but you can email me at 89mirageman@live.com as well.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
expect an email in the next couple of days. I wanted to do this next year.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Let me get this correct its only for the es right?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
Let me get this correct its only for the es right?
this kit yes, you could do it for an oz but that requires gettting the rear disk off a mirage look back a few pages for what year to look for
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Mirageman
Sorry I haven't logged on here in a while guys, kinda forgot about this thread to be honest. I've sold a ton of rear disc kits to the 93-02 Mirage guys but only two of the lancer kits so far. They are basically the same but the bolt pattern on the bracket is slightly different. I will check in here more often from now on but you can email me at 89mirageman@live.com as well.
Email sent this morning
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:47 AM

I'm sure I could come up with something for the OZ owners too. It might be as easy as re-drilling the mini cooper rear rotor to 4 x 114.3, I'm not sure. I do know that cast rotors drill very easy and it would be simple because you could knock the studs out of your hub and use it as a template.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

I would be interested if we can get something figured our for the OZ rears as well.

Is there an upgrade for our fronts that is an easy swap like the rears or like the mirage boys have?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by sadude
I would be interested if we can get something figured our for the OZ rears as well.

Is there an upgrade for our fronts that is an easy swap like the rears or like the mirage boys have?

The 91/92 galant VR-4 uses 276mm front rotors and they are 4 x 114.3. Maybe grab one from the parts store and see if it fits the stock OZ front hubs. If so the twin piston calipers from a 93+ AWD DSM should bolt right on. These calipers came on Diamantes, Stealths and other Mitsu's as well.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WilliePetesOZ
when i did my rear brake swap i used the brakes from an early 90s mirage sedan. the caliber bracket is almost a direct bolt on. i had to make the bolt holes bigger so the hub would fit in without rubbing( and that is a really tight fit). the whole swap is the same as what the 5g mirage do. another thing is a week after i finished it i noticed that the rear rotors were larger than the front
So with the oz's we'd just need the caliper bracket or the whole thing like brake lines, hubs, and other things? I'm a little confused...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

The 91/92 galant VR-4 uses 276mm front rotors and they are 4 x 114.3. Maybe grab one from the parts store and see if it fits the stock OZ front hubs. If so the twin piston calipers from a 93+ AWD DSM should bolt right on. These calipers came on Diamantes, Stealths and other Mitsu's as well.
That sounds great.

What exactly does an OZ owner have to do have rotors on the rear if we don't want to change to 5 lug?

Can I just use the 91/92 galant rear rotors? Also what year for the calipers and do I still need the e-brake adapter?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

One more thing, do I need new caliper brackets?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 08:03 AM

Like I said, this stuff may or may not work. I don't have a lancer OZ rear hub here for mockup. If I did I am sure that I could come up with something. I do know that the center hole in the 91/92 GVR4 rotors is huge because the rear hubs have a lip in the middle. Also the offset of the rotor play a huge part too. My brackets are designed around the mini cooper rotors.

If the OZ rear hubs are identical to the lancer 4x100 rear hubs except for the bolt pattern I would just get one of my lancer kits and re-drill the mini cooper rotors to 4 x 114.3. Rotors are cast and drill very easy. Simply knock the 4 studs out of the hub and clamp it to the rotor and you have a nice template to drill.

Does anyone have an OZ lancer that is down at the moment? If they were willing to send me a rear hub for testing for a few weeks If I could get my hand on a hub I could grab a trailing arm from a lancer at the junkyard. This way I would have everything needed on my workbench for testing.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:49 AM

Hi, I have a question, my Lancer is a CS3A and it has ABS but It did not came with rear disk. Near my neighborhood there is a Mitsubishi Outlander 2007 totally damaged. Do you think I can do a rear disk conversion from that SUV?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

So can someone tell me what the harness that plugs into the brake master cylinder is for. I was taking a look what I have to do to swap and when I was looking around my engine bay I noticed that the wires that go to it have been chewed though by some little thing. . There's no codes popping up and my breaks work fine. I just want to know if I should cut open the wrapping for the harness or if its fine to leave it alone.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe its just to moniter the brake fluid level even though I've never seen a code pop up or an alert when it does get low.

Quick Reply: Lancer 5-lug & Rear Disc Conversion Part List