Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Tein coil-overs???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2002, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein coil-overs???

Does anyone have Tein coil-overs on their Lancer? If so, how do you like them? Tomorrow I am going to Area 51 Fabrications to talk to them about coil-overs. I have heard Tein has some of the best coil-overs and that is also what Area 51 Fab. told me. I just haven't seen any on a Lancer.
Old Jul 3, 2002, 06:23 AM

i will soon, i still owe $700 on them....they're at my shop waiting to be picked up
Old Jul 7, 2002, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

im also thinking of going tein super street setup but im not sure how much different the feel will be over the ralliart/RMR setup they are offering..... I live near are 51 fab and was thinking of going over there to ask but they do mostly civic/integra/RX7/supra work so im not sure they will be able to help you.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 08:33 AM

I have sold 2 sets of the SS coil overs and they are Really MUCH nicer then ANything else out there. 16 position adjustable, matched springs, CNC machined and the damping is spot on.

I have them in wharehouse stock at $1150+S+H

Jeff
Old Jul 8, 2002, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Will there be a Type Flex application? The SS are nice but I want Pillow-***** too.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

there already is a type flex coilover and a type RA coilover from Tein but answer me this treekiller........you know as well as i do that the lancer isnt exactly a sportscar.....do you honestly think you would spend the money on this coilover system, or save for an evo for a few years????
Old Jul 8, 2002, 05:36 PM

the lancer is a sedan, correct, a sporty looking sedan though. and with a proper suspension it can handle as good as it looks. the problem is Mitsubishi has been teasing us with the EVO for years. and might never bring it over.

DO I think 1100 is a wise investment to make a great looking car be able to corner at well over one G um YEA. the fact is you can sell them to another lancer owner if you ever do decide to purchase the EVO. but keep in mind even with an evo you will again need to purchase a coil over suspension to get these kind of handling numbers.

Jeff

as for the flex, Tein DOES NOT sell a flex for the CS6A Chassis car, as of yet, if someone is selling a flex kit it's for a diffrent car (mayhaps CJ4A Mirage) and beware there WILL be fitiment issues. also the flex is tuned for more casual driving the SS is more performance oriented. If Tein Does make the Pillowball top mounts you can add them for like $150 per front or rear.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't think there was a Type Flex set in creation yet. Good to hear about the pillowballs though.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 05:15 AM
Evolving Member

at GTP they stated the type RA setup and flex setup but if treekiller says they dont fit yet then hes the boss....but check it out anyway....http://www.importfan.com/manufacturer.asp?2=1188
Old Jul 9, 2002, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Oh they'll fit a lancer...an evo 7. A lot of these companies that resell parts are dumb. They see lancer so they think it'll fit. Just like the headlights, lets see those fit the stock opening
Old Jul 9, 2002, 07:00 AM

yea it's a shame, mabye the fact that I actually know what I am talking about is why the guys at tein are so cool to our company, we are really developing a great relationship since we have been with Tein USA since they started.

Jeff
Old Jul 11, 2002, 05:49 AM

got em

i just piceked these up yesterday and i am putting them on tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails Tein coil-overs???-mvc-001x.jpg  
Old Jul 11, 2002, 05:53 AM

sorry you gotta turn head sideways
Attached Thumbnails Tein coil-overs???-mvc-002x.jpg  
Old Jul 11, 2002, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

you lucky bastard, those look like alot of fun, im very interested in purchasing those but just a few more dollar bills......

give us a heads up on how great the feel.....honestly....and how hard they are to adjust.....im not too intelligent on the precise dampening force for the best feel, so give us a heads up on what you think works best....
Old Jul 11, 2002, 09:26 PM

im getting ready to put them on right now, ill have pics tonite

Quick Reply: Tein coil-overs???