Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Anti-slam question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anti-slam question

So I'm not into the whole "slam it" deal since I live in the Northeast where slamming just means you'll destroy your car/bodykit/rims. I'm actually trying to increase the ride height slightly, or at least keep the stock height, but without all the bounce. I've got an aftermarket coilover sleeve setup now, with some hard poly spring spacers ordered from Japan, with Monroe Spectrum struts. This has given me stock ride height in front and rear.

But let's face it, the sleeves are a PITA. And they're noisy, even with installing the o-rings/rubber tape to dampen the sound, the springs still shift on the mounts because they're cheap. I'm looking for solid recommendations for true coilovers that allow stock to stock+1" adjustment. This allows me for my 17" rims and still keeping a decent sidewall for potholes (50 series).

Suggestions?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Teins on Ryan's car are nice, and I think last time we raised it up it still had adjustment probably for another 1" or so and he has got to be close to stock height now. He is higher than me and I only have a mild drop of like .9" in back and 1.2" in front
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've purchased Megan coilovers and have been pretty happy with them. They are fully adjustable and, while most people use them to lower their cars, you should be able to raise the height of your car quite a bit

You're probably the first person I've met who hasn't tried to reduce that monster gap in the front by at least a little.....
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WangMan
I've purchased Megan coilovers and have been pretty happy with them. They are fully adjustable and, while most people use them to lower their cars, you should be able to raise the height of your car quite a bit

You're probably the first person I've met who hasn't tried to reduce that monster gap in the front by at least a little.....

Actually, with the 50 series tires on 17s, it's not so bad. I'll take pics

Thanks for the info.

I know these allow camber adjustments in the front, do the rears offer this as well? I've got -1.2 on the left and -1.5 on the right, maxed out.

Last edited by jwick76; Sep 20, 2012 at 02:33 PM.