Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

Performance Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance Clutch?

Hey are there any specific performance clutches and or flywheels for our car. Are they universal? Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks for the help
Old Jan 16, 2008, 05:32 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Haven't seen anything yet. A quick parts search tells me that the 4B11 doesn't share the same clutch assembly with previous Lancers, and the release bearing is of a design that I haven't seen before, and expensive. You may have to wait a bit longer for one to come out. I would guess that either Clutchmasters or ACT will be the first to market with one.

You guys definitely need a clutch option, though. Had the opportunity to drive a GTS a week or so ago and the clutch pedal feels like there's no fluid in the line. I accidentally slammed the pedal to the floor when I first pushed it in.

Last edited by otter; Jan 16, 2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

yeaa a performance clutch would be nice but we probally wont be seeing that for quiet some time
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard from somewhere (can't remember exactly) that the manual gearbox in the Lancer is a close cousin of the Scion TC gearbox. Maybe do some homework on that...you never know...TRD stuff may fit. Stranger things have happened.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 09:26 PM
Former Vendor

Fidanza are working on a flywheel as we speak. and will also have a clutch available if they see enough interest for it.

I have more details but i can't give to much away on this forum. email me or something if you want more info
Old Jan 23, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Flywheels are nice but have been noted to show a decrease in gas mileage.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by otter
Haven't seen anything yet. A quick parts search tells me that the 4B11 doesn't share the same clutch assembly with previous Lancers, and the release bearing is of a design that I haven't seen before, and expensive. You may have to wait a bit longer for one to come out. I would guess that either Clutchmasters or ACT will be the first to market with one.

You guys definitely need a clutch option, though. Had the opportunity to drive a GTS a week or so ago and the clutch pedal feels like there's no fluid in the line. I accidentally slammed the pedal to the floor when I first pushed it in.
hahahahaha that's exactly what i did during the test ride, i felt embarrassed

i agreee, clutch feels like nothing at all....i think i can breathe on it to push it down
Old Mar 30, 2008, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

I agree. After getting used to driving my manual, I jumped in my GF's tracker, and felt like i was getting a gastrocnemius workout. (ie: calf muscle)

Last edited by SmoothdrJay; Mar 30, 2008 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Grammar. Im pretty Anal about it. Haha
Old Mar 30, 2008, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

There is a performance clutch by ACT for the evolution X. Would it work with our lancers? Part Number: ME1-XTG6 There are different types available though, this is just one of them. From $600 to $700.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fuz_dnz
There is a performance clutch by ACT for the evolution X. Would it work with our lancers? Part Number: ME1-XTG6 There are different types available though, this is just one of them. From $600 to $700.
Probably wont work...
Old Mar 30, 2008, 08:56 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fuz_dnz
Unlikely, but can't really tell without looking at the two clutches side by side. If it did work, it'd likely be severe overkill.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

To my knowledge the ME1 kit will only work on the EVO X. The Lancer uses a different engine and transmission combination. I just spoke to the R&D department and they did not have any scheduled dates for production of a kit for the lancer.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Does anybody know If any company is going to develop a performance clutch?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterAK
Does anybody know If any company is going to develop a performance clutch?
Yes, I'm sure multiple companies will. RRM and Works both sold aftermarket options for the 02-06 models, so I'm sure they will in the future too. Mostly, it's going to depend on a clutch company actually making the product. Then you can buy it direct or from a company like RRM/Works.

RRM has already put a performance clutch on their turbo Lancer, so I'd say something already exists. It's just a matter of finding out the maker/model number or waiting for RRM to sell it (with a markup for profit).

That's business, sadly...
Old Apr 15, 2008, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone blown the clutch on thier 08 Lancer yet, or know anyone who has?

Quick Reply: Performance Clutch?