Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

08 mitsubishi lancer gear shift & fuse box?

Old Nov 17, 2017, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 mitsubishi lancer gear shift & fuse box?

I have a 08 Lancer and this past week my radio glitched out...It was turning itself on and off over and over again & I eventually just took it off. That same day, I noticed a weird almost "clicking" noise. Very rapid. Not constant. Its on the left side of the steering wheel underneath and in the fuse box/ wire area that I notice the noise. I have no problems starting the vehicle at all. None. I've been watching it and think it has something to do with the gear shift...every time I shift into drive I hear it. Im cruising down the road and switch into N and the clicking stops. I dont hear it at all when Im in Park. My CIG lighter port blinks rapidly with a chrager in it, If I am already in D I cant adjust my mirrors (only in park). I've had my pops take a look (He's an electrician and this also used to be his car) and he checked the fuses, says the radio fuse has turned blue?
I dont know what other details to provide. Any help is appreciated. Ive been searching for hours and no one seems to have something similar.