Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Sucked In water...need help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sucked In water...need help

so last night while driving in the rain, hit a huge puddle (flooded across road) that was barely visible and sucked in water....i let off the gas as soon as my car hit it and it just coasted for a sec and died...this has happened before where it seized up after water getting in (i have CAI) but i was able to start it up eventually after i had dried the MAF sensor and stuff out, this time tried to start it once, and it just clicked...nothing turned over...so i had it towed home...didn't want to chance anythin...
so this mornin, got up, took out spark plugs, (none of were wet) and cranked it over..turned over, shot a lil water outta the hole, and did this a few times, till nothin shot out...but still cranked over.. then changed the oil, (no water in oil) and then after proceeding to put everythin back, and drying out the MAF sensor as good as i could..i tried to start it, and just click again...nothin would turn over this time...almost sounds like a dead battery, but i don't see how the battery would be dead...any other ideas on what i need to do to get my car running?
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

nevermind...got it runnin...phew...it was the battery..charged it for a lil bit, and it cranked over..gonna let it idle for awhile, then check oil again..
Old Dec 30, 2005, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

That happened with my RA ... only I don't have CAI... I went out to start it one night after driving about 70-75 through a heavy rain and when i got off work it would just click... went to the battery and starting pulling wires to see if anything was loose... nothing.... let it go for awhile came back after walking home and letting it sit for a couple of hours... starting to jump it but i jumped in started it and it fired up... not exactly sure what the deal was... called the dealership cuz the car was only 6 months old... they didn't have a clue either..