Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Door Trouble!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2007, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Door Trouble!!!!!

Anyone know if and how you can adjust the rear passenger side door on a 2003 Lancer ES? It is strange... the door shuts just fine and the lower half looks to line up fine but the higher up on the door you get the futher out it sticks. I never really noticed it until today when my girlfriend showed me that there was water leaking in from the top. Like a straight drip every couple seconds!!!!!!! It seems like its bent but I cant see where and the window goes up and down without issue. I am not sure how this could have happened unless maybe someone tried to break in through the top with a screwdriver prying on it or something but you would think you would see some kind of paint scraped or something noticably bent. It extends out just enough that there is a tiny space between the weatherstripping and where it is supposed to make contact with the inside so water gets in. I have always noticed a little wind noise going down the road from that area of the inside but never looked into it. Any suggestions other than buying a new door would be great thanks!!!!
Old Mar 10, 2007, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you can, take some pics of the hinge area as well as the door latch (both on the door and the jamb of the body itself). I don't have a Lancer myself so I need to see how it attaches. Is it possible that the wind caught the door and gave it a good tug when it was open? If I see the attaching points I may be able to point you in the right direction.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've notice the same thing, but on the fronts... Guess cuz it gets the most use? But I'd figure a simple adjustment on the door's hinge would fix it...
Old Mar 10, 2007, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried to do a little adjustment but I might not have loosened the right bolts LOL I do know when I bought it there was definate scewdriver pry marks on the drivers door which makes me wonder if they tried to go through that door as well. I had to buy some universal car weatherstripping and run it on the upper door sill which stopped the leak and wind noise but makes the door stick out even further LOL. I will get some pics up here to show what it all looks like thanks for the suggestions.