Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Bluetooth hands free.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2007, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth hands free.

Sorry if I post it in a wrong forum.
I've bought Lancer with a Bluetooth Hands Free toolkit accessory, which as you might know costs 250 extra.
Now when I brought it for hook up service, besides installation fees they also charged me for a "1 MZ313819 Phone Kit, Bluetooth HA". Incidentally or not it cost me $249.95. The guy who handed me over the car could not explain it and it was late to call for manager.
Did anyone here had a similar experience. Could you please share it.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 08:31 PM

Um, I forgot to mention that my hands free emits voices from a single speaker - the one that is in the right front passenger door. Don't know if that is normal.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, the dealer was correct in charging you. The Handsfree System is not standard on the ES model. It is on the GTS though.

The voice talking is what it is suppose to do. You need to link your bluetooth phone to your system. Read the owners manual for the directions.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Know what I had the same problem with my sales manager. I wanted the bluetooth on my ES. I asked the guy like three times if the option was included and he kept reassuring me it was. I told him I would pay the difference to put it in if need. He told be that wouldn't be necessary. So I bought the car and just after leaving found that the Bluetooth was not working. Took it back and had three salesmen outside trying to help me set it up. The sent me over to service and low and behold it did not have the bluetooth module in it. It was just prewired for it. I went back and talked to the sales manager and he told me there was nothing he could do. What the hell. Can't take a guys word on anything anymore. So I made a complaint to corporate and have yet to hear back from them. That was 4 months ago.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Write the pres of the dealership.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

As far as the bluetooth coming from one speaker... thats how it works. Atleast its in mine and it seems pretty normal to me. The Right Passenger speaker is for bluetooth communication where as the left driver speaker is for navigation relay, aka "Turn here, go here".

So AFAIK, thats correct... if not then mines broken too
Old Aug 6, 2007, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like it is working correctly. Mine also comes form the right passenger speaker while nav comes from the drivers left. Can't comment on the charges for the module. My GTS already had that installed.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 07:24 PM

Thanks for replies.
If the accessory is actually a bluetooth "prewire" option then it's definitely a naming blunder on mitsu Lancer's website. Build & Price calls it "Hands Free Phone Kit":

...Allows cell phones equipped with the Bluetooth®/HandsFree profile (HFP) to connect through the vehicle audio system...

polar1120, where do you post complaints?