Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Water Leak!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2003, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water Leak!

Today, while driving, I noticed that the floormat on the front passenger side was wet. I stopped shortly there after to find out why my floorboard had water standing in it. I immediately removed the water and later while driving I noticed that water appeared to be leaking out from the dash compartment directly below the glove compartment. Initial thoughts are that maybe my AC condensation duct is clogged?? Does anyone what may be causing this and how I can fix it??
Old Jul 31, 2003, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

u have a power wire run thru the firewall?
Old Jul 31, 2003, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

is your window cracked at all?????
water can get in if it is. happend in my old car.

lift up the carpet and sit in your car and have someone spray down your car with water, 1 section at a time and try and find out where its comming from.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

I had this problem in my old Jeep Wrangler, it could be that the hoses for the AC are leaking, or the drain pan is clogged....

Definately sounds climate control related...
Old Jul 31, 2003, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

A/C overflow is clogged... it's on the firewall, right where it starts to curve... use a piece of wire to clean it out... my dealer did it for free...
Old Jul 31, 2003, 08:13 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally posted by rhitme03
A/C overflow is clogged...
Bingo. Happened to me a few weeks back. I'd take it to the dealer if I was you simply for the fact that my dealer took the carpet out & dried it while it was being fixed, so no funky smells in there. Dealer knew what it was as soon as I told them the problem so I guess it's pretty common.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 08:24 PM

could be bad heater core. i had that happen to me twice.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Definateley check haeter core and condensate drain, they are the most possible causes. Then check all the little things like door and window seals and give the firewall a good check. sometimes I get a dripdown the inside of my drivers window during heavy storms, but only 1 or 2 drops
Old Aug 4, 2003, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

i have been having that problem for the past two months. the passenger side gets soaked and the water leaks from the heater core, especially when making turns. i take my car to mitsubishi every single week to have it fixed. first they told me it was the A/C clutch, then it was because my pipes were clogged, then they said that it was my belt, but no matter what i do the dumb asses at mitsubishi can't fix this problem. i take it to them, it works for about a half a day and then blows out again. i hate mitsubishi services!!!!! i only go to them becasue its under warrenty.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Tell them to replace the hole thing and your not leaving till they do
Old Aug 4, 2003, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

If you don't let mitsu do your oil change, most places (i.e. Jiffy Lube) will not bother to clean the drain out for you. I'd almost bet a paycheck that is your problem. Knock the crud out of the drain, and everything will function just fine.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Water Leak!

Originally posted by soundpimp
Today, while driving, I noticed that the floormat on the front passenger side was wet. I stopped shortly there after to find out why my floorboard had water standing in it. I immediately removed the water and later while driving I noticed that water appeared to be leaking out from the dash compartment directly below the glove compartment. Initial thoughts are that maybe my AC condensation duct is clogged?? Does anyone what may be causing this and how I can fix it??
sound i had the same EXACT problem about 2 weeks ago. water leaking from the passanger side (under glove comp.) onto the floormats..and when i turned hard, it made a spraying noise. i took it into the dealership and they told me it was clogged so they unclogged it.. i don't know if this has anything to do with that, but 2 days ago, suddenly my AC doesn't work. so i'm going back tomorrow to see what's up with that. gosh i swear i'm at the mitsu dealer like every week!
Old Aug 11, 2003, 05:34 PM
Account Disabled

Is it cleaned from the inside or the ouside? I see a little hose sticking out the firewall down low in the engine compartment. That it?
Old Sep 5, 2003, 10:25 PM

I had the same problem (I really started taking on water, over an inch). I brought the car in to the dealer and they fixed it in about 15 min., they said it was just a cloged drain on the ac unit. Never had any problems like this with any of my Integras.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

it's scary that this seems to be such a common occurance.

Quick Reply: Water Leak!