Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Water Leak!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to thank you for taking the time to take pics and post up. Could we get a mod to sticky this and put it in the How To section.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

My girl called me yesterday and told me what was going on. She told me that she had a flood in her car. At first I didn't know what the hell she was talking about. I remembered this thread from years ago and looked it up.

Following the pics I was able to drain about a liter of water from the AC condensor drain, after purging some small leaves and crap with a coat hanger.

Took about twenty minutes, most of that time was removing the air box.

I just wanted to say again thank you for provoding pics. If I didn't have them I'd be searching all night for that damn plug. By the way, the rubber down spout of the plug pulls right off allowing you to get a coat hanger deep inside.

I'd also suggest that you disconnect your battery before doing this as you will be messing with the MAF and you don't want to short anything out, even if it is a remote possibility. Better safe than sorry.

Fox
Old Dec 2, 2007, 05:42 AM

what year Lancers are affected by this?

It seems like this is a common problem in the 02-03 ES's and OZ's

but i don't really hear about it with 04-07 Lancers.

Is this an early Lancer thing?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 01:05 AM

Pictures of the drain tube

Here are a couple of pictures to help people locate the drain tube. Go to this link and click the pictures to enlarge: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/10943154-post46.html
Old Sep 29, 2013, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

I fixed the pictures in my post as well. Just in case someone missed it, to keep it from happening get the cabin air filter and cut the piece of plastic out behind the glovebox, install and never have the issue again....at least i didn't.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
apologize for once again reviving an old thread, but being a newbee to the car...
anyway, daughter calls yesterday while she is driving and says she had cold water hitting her feet. first thing I think of....clog HVAC drain.

look on here, find this thread and the accompanying reference to pics of the drain line. found it per the pics (Thanx!!!) down low, about center on the firewall. took a piece of wire (actually tried three different pieces) and never could get it to go too far in. then got my compressor, managed to have a air fitting that I could get in there and blow out whatever there is.

turned the car on and let 'er run for awhile with the a/c on. water under the car, but never did see anything come out of what I blew out. wondering if that is an overflow line and there is another primary drain line somewhere.

this is what I cleaned or blew out: (thanx again for the pic!!)

Name:  LancerDrainTubeLocationLowQuality_zps5cd7a0e1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  93.6 KB

Last edited by Murder Snake; Apr 13, 2014 at 12:44 PM.