Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

bad putter/studder

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad putter/studder

seems like when im chillin @ a light itll putter maybe 2-3 times at the light , and it turns green as soon as i accelerate it tends to putter a little bit more. and even worse when i turn the a/c on, with the a/c on my car almost stalls out, especially wen im in reverse...- its a a/t...... i notice that my cruise control runs a little sluggish, think its a vaccume leak somewhere? maybe in the cruise control? i tried changin the fuel to plus, didnt help that much, i put fuel injector cleaner and gas treatment in every full tank, changed the plugs about 8 months ago... anyone experience this?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:57 PM

anyone???? lol this been happening for few months and it pissin me off lol
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Have you replaced your coil packs recently? Checking for vacuum leaks would also be a good thing to check. You can also try resetting your ECU and letting it relearn all the settings. Do you have any modifications? Intake? Header? Exhaust, etc.?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:15 PM

i havent checked the coilpacks,what would i look for? i tried looking for vaccum leak, but im prob jus not good at lookin for themor lookin in the right spots,(tried usin soap and water in a spray bottle).... i have stock intake obx racin headers and jdm full cat back exhaust wit obx high flow cat, thats bout it for now as far as mods go.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:38 AM

bump
Old Aug 27, 2009, 03:22 PM

MAF sensor. i had to replace mine a while back. but mine would stutter around 4k then when i shift, i heard a pop twice. (while the engine is coming back down) i have no muffler but do have a 3a racing tip btw. but, back on track here...... i would put my guess in that.

Bill Z
Old Sep 3, 2009, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bzmotoninja83
MAF sensor. i had to replace mine a while back. but mine would stutter around 4k then when i shift, i heard a pop twice. (while the engine is coming back down) i have no muffler but do have a 3a racing tip btw. but, back on track here...... i would put my guess in that.

Bill Z
+1^ However I would first reccommend getting some maf cleaner before replacing it and also get some throttle body cleaner, run your car, pull your intake hose off and hold the throttle open a little and spray that stuff down your throttle body/intake plenum. I had the same kinda issue and this worked fine for me.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 01:04 AM

problem solved

check engine light finally came on, after almost a year.......... it came up as a p302 - cylinder 2 misfire.......... so i knew its either my plug, wire , coil or fuel injector. I started process of elimination............. replaced wires and plugs (needed it anyways) and swapped the 2 coil packs...... I reset the ecu to see if when the cel came back on if the code jumped to cylinder 4,, and sure it did.......... I replaced my coil pack no more puttering , regained most of my gas mileage, now up to 25 mpg... lol
Old Feb 4, 2010, 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear you fixed the issue. This must be a problem for our cars as another member just had the same issue that was a coil pack hmm...
Old Feb 4, 2010, 07:01 PM

yea, I think i responded to that person your talking about.