Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

HID Help and YES I've Searched

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Russkii
thats what I have the "Digital HID Kit Slim Ballasts" mine is exactly the same and the "HID Kit Wire Relay Harness" is exactly the same as well
well if you like, I can take a look at your kit and see whats up. If i can find my old volt kit from Xenon Depot I might be able to try.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_soul
well if you like, I can take a look at your kit and see whats up. If i can find my old volt kit from Xenon Depot I might be able to try.
I dont want to give you the trouble of going through this and trying to figure it out ... I think I'm just going to keep my hids in the ON mode, if the HIDs will go in the year or so, w.e. i'll get a better kit after that one goes

You guys are awesome, appreciate all your help

P.s I will post pics of my car with the HIDs

Thanks alot
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:03 AM

u can swap it to ur fogs like i did so ur drls become ur fogs and ur hids become ur "lows"

i ahve a how-to posting on the project lancer forum if ur interested
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:07 AM

heres the link

link

nvm cant seem to get the link to work.... just go to the how-to section under lancer 08 and page 3..

http://forums.******************/topic/7235767/

Last edited by qJai; Oct 7, 2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: cant work the links
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:10 PM

I had the same problem. I did not buy the jrox harness but what I did was to tap one of the relay wires to the parking lights. Easy fix, not wire cutting.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:07 PM

hey guys, I know it been a while, anyways, I've installed my hids like 2 months ago and I have some issues, this happened maybe 2-3 times ... when I randomly unlock or lock the car, my head lights and tail lights come on ... seems like it keeps happening ones a month or so, any ideas what is happening ? can I fry my electrical system like that ?

Thanks

Last edited by Russkii; Nov 28, 2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 02:59 PM
csL

To OP,
Where was the sound coming from that you speak of? Was it coming from the ballasts or the relay box on the harness? I have the same exact problem as you but im hearing a zapping/buzzing sound coming from the black box on the relay harness.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:08 AM

the sound that you hearing has to do with DRL, you must keep your headlights in on position at all times, otherwise, you going to burn down the hids

you need a special DRL harness

I have the same thing, the zapping comes from the black box on the harness when I turn the headlights to off position, I keep my lights in on position at all times
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These really work check em out !
There is a video on there that proves it bro . Try them out they really worked on my Gfs 08 .

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-play-fix.html

Last edited by 02-Lancer-Es; Nov 28, 2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also the sound that comes from the black box is that the relay aka black box doesnt have enough power to make it stay clicked on .
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:40 AM
csL

I don't understand though because the relay is supposed to be the "fix" for being able to control the lights while the car is on...Before I installed the harness, my lights worked the same way(had to turn lights on b4 starting car) so by installing the harness, nothing was accomplished.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 06:06 AM

pretty much ... since the harness connects to the battery, it helps to power the hids (turn them on) ... other than that, i dont see the use for it
Old Nov 30, 2009, 07:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the sound that you hearing has to do with DRL, you must keep your headlights in on position at all times, otherwise, you going to burn down the hids

you need a special DRL harness

I have the same thing, the zapping comes from the black box on the harness when I turn the headlights to off position, I keep my lights in on position at all times
there should be two things that can happen with the flickering.

1) A zapping sound is really bad because your creating a "shorting situation" which is 10 times as bad. Because now your killing your bulb and your ballast kit.

2) Flickering bulbs is not so bad, its not really going to harm a high quality ballast. But if there is no zapping sound, its something you can get away with just leaving your head lights in the on position.

Ideally, you should have a relay kit tapped into the battery for stability + a Canbus Fix to at as a capacity supplying a steady stream of power to your HIDs. The less your HID kit flickers, the better it is for you in the long run. Once your bulb dies, it doesnt make sense getting a replacement because the color shift is going to look off. Unless you dont care about how they look, and just want to function so you can see.

There are a few vendors who sell both relay kits and Canbus Fix. its wise that you use both to lengthen the life of your kit.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 08:00 PM
csL

pretty much ... since the harness connects to the battery, it helps to power the hids (turn them on) ... other than that, i dont see the use for it
Yeah, so the HID's are supposed to come on then when I turn the nob in the car because the harness is giving them power to do so. But that isn't happening which is confusing me. Plus my HID's don't flicker at all which is leading me to believe that its something that I did wrong and not the kit. Any ideas?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by csL
Yeah, so the HID's are supposed to come on then when I turn the nob in the car because the harness is giving them power to do so. But that isn't happening which is confusing me. Plus my HID's don't flicker at all which is leading me to believe that its something that I did wrong and not the kit. Any ideas?

I have exactly the same issue with my hids, I have the harness that does not do crap other than help power the hids, however, when the car is running and you turn hids to off position and than on position, hids wont fire up, I will need to turn of the car in order to fire the hids, and same as yours, mine do not flicker when off, they only zap... the issue here I believe is with DRL, by getting a DRL by pass harness, it will prevent from zapping and from flickering ... therefore, you can do one of two things, like me (by not having $ at the moment) you can keep your headlight in ON position at all times, which will fire your hids when the car is running and it will prevent from zapping, because you dont turn OFF the hids, so no zapping ... Or you can get the DRL by pass harness, which will allow you to use your hids as normal lights, (Off, On, ON) without having to have them at ON position at all times

Hope that helps

Quick Reply: HID Help and YES I've Searched