Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

HID Help and YES I've Searched

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 08:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can speak with personal experience. If you have a kit that is buzing thats bad. You need to ensure you have both an Anti Flicker Canbus fix and a Relay. What will happen if you have a kit like the one from XenonDepot is. Regardless of what position your headlight switch is in, the bulbs will ignite automatically. If its in the off position, it will ignite because the Canbus Fix acts as a capcitor. and pools the right amount of voltage and the allows the kit to receive the ignition charge for a successful light up. Without one of these components, your likely to have more frequent situations where the HID kit doesnt ignite due to a fail safe built in to prevent surging situations. Some people think when bulbs dont ignite that there is something wrong with the kit. if its a quality kit, its a safety feature built in to protect electical system.

If you have any more questions, pm me or check out my blog. posted about this a few times.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 08:45 AM
Former Sponsor

if you have the buzzing sound and it sounds like this, its confirmed you are shorting your kit out. you can confirm this, because if you look at the bulb itself you can see a little bit of arcing going on inside the bulb. very faint.. (check at night time) It can make a buzzing sound with the bulbs ignited and lit as well.

I took out some of the stuff in my HID kit to demonstrate. haha xenondepot dont void my warranty please lol joking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSjICp4gPh4
Old Mar 22, 2010, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flickering headlights

I got this hid kit..... when it's in the off position it flicker, but when i turn my head lights on.. it's fine. I dn't get it!!http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1035900361 <~~~ same photo

anyways, is thre something else I need? Or is that how it is? I hav a 06 lancer es v-4

Plus I'm screwed because i got it from e bay n the seller never replied to any of my questions!!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by channyx904
I got this hid kit..... when it's in the off position it flicker, but when i turn my head lights on.. it's fine. I dn't get it!!http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1035900361 <~~~ same photo

anyways, is thre something else I need? Or is that how it is? I hav a 06 lancer es v-4

Plus I'm screwed because i got it from e bay n the seller never replied to any of my questions!!
You need a Drl adapter . All the 06-10 Lancers have this problem because of the daylights .

Pm me
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 02-Lancer-Es
You need a Drl adapter . All the 06-10 Lancers have this problem because of the daylights .

Pm me

Thanks, I'll get on it
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by channyx904

you want to get his attention, you tell him you will post follow up feedback which wont be so positive lol, that will get him to respond.