Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

please help? clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question please help? clicking noise

I own a 2003 lancer es. I go the car brand new and it was fine. In about 1000 miles later I found a really quiet nocking noise coming from my motor. It would get a little louder as the angine worms up. I never red lined the car before 3000 miles. now I have about 7500 miles and the noise has got louder. now when i am driving normal at at about 2500 rpm or above when i let go of the gas pedal I hear a loud cliking nois for about a second or two. sounds like somthing is loose in my engine copmartment. I also used mobile 1 synthitic oil when i had my first oil change at 3000 miles. as far as angine mods all i have is basic filter, muffler and short shifter. can any boy tell me what could be the problem.
thanx
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yo i had a similar problem, jus started happenign. I would have it in drive (auto) and drive around then when i came to a stop still in D it would make this weird "flapping" or clicking noise.sounded like something was loose.i could feel it through the pedals. drove off again and it was fine. thought it was my rack and pinion going cause i drove it hard as hell when i first got the car. but for some reason it jus seemed to "disappear" in the last couple of days!
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:21 PM

I been very nice to my car. So, I should start biting the **** out of my motor and may be it will go away hah.
The following users liked this post:
JMoney2812 (Sep 13, 2016)
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

If you dont want to pop the hood and look for it yourself, you have a warranty, use it. It sounds like you haven't done anything to void it have you?
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:24 PM

I have a body kit, intake, muffler, short shifter, custom paint job, alarm, and more .....
I have been using synthitc oil and i heard it isn't good for our motors. it that true. may be that caused the problem.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:25 PM

I also have rims and progress springs.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

synthetic is bad for when your breaking an engine in and you need the rings to seat. After that its all good. The only warranty it looks like you voided is the paint, yeah they arnt gonna cover that one. And maybe something whit body panels with the body kit but as far as Power/Drive train, intake is ok and muffler is fine. I'm pretty sure the short shifter is cool too. Just pop the hood while its running and listen, if you cant find it take it in.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:34 PM

so intake and a muffler doesn't void your warranty. I thought it did.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

No, think about it. If the stock muffler goes bad, it can be replaced by a number of after market ones from Midas to Magnaflow. It doesnt affect the reliability of the vehicle directly. Same for an intake. You eventually have to replace the the filter. You can use a Fram or a K & N drop in it doesnt really matter. Even AEM's CAI uses a K & N cone filter I believe. Any way. To void a warranty because of aftermarket parts you have to replace something really serious, like cams, or alter the ECU's programming with a re-flash. An intake and a muffler will not do it.
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:44 PM

thanx for the help. you guys rock.