Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Code P0443.. need help..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2011, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code P0443.. need help..

I went to a smog station for my registration.. I pass my Emission and everything except that my CEL is on and the code says P0443 = Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit..

my question now is can i fix this problem by myself like DIY? if not do you guys know how much will it cost to fix the problem if i go to an auto repair shop? my budget is kinda tight right now so I just really wanna know how much it will cost me to fix this.. I wanna know from those members who experienced this problem, i wanna know how much you guys spend for this thing to get fixed..
Old Jan 17, 2011, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludwig Bluntz
I went to a smog station for my registration.. I pass my Emission and everything except that my CEL is on and the code says P0443 = Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit..

my question now is can i fix this problem by myself like DIY? if not do you guys know how much will it cost to fix the problem if i go to an auto repair shop? my budget is kinda tight right now so I just really wanna know how much it will cost me to fix this.. I wanna know from those members who experienced this problem, i wanna know how much you guys spend for this thing to get fixed..

If you have the mechanical skill then this should be an easy fix. Its ether the purge solinoid failed, or there is a short/ open circuit in the emissions purge solinoid circuit! Check the condition of the connector, if that checks out ok, move on to inspection of the wires and their condition. If the wires appear to be in good condition, then replace the purge solinoid! Good luck man!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Try the easy stuff first. I found it was something simple. I replaced my gas cap with a new one.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whtrice
Try the easy stuff first. I found it was something simple. I replaced my gas cap with a new one.

You deff could try, but this code if for the purge solinoid circuit, not an evap leak code, but still if you wanna try the gas cap, there pretty cheap and it wouldnt hurt!