Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Is the sunroof fuse missing?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is the sunroof fuse missing?

So today i bought a 03 lancer oz rally edition, and the sunroof doesn't work.
I thought it would just be the fuse or the wire wasn't connected or something.'
so i took the dash thing that covers where the junction block is by the steering wheel, hoping to find a blow fuse (easy fix). But i found no fuse. I found a disconnected wire which i thought probably was from the roof wiring harness but i cant find any place that is missing that plug.
the wire which i don't know what is for has a black wire, and a blue with brown wire.
I downloaded the FSM from this site thinking i could find what that wire is but i had no luck finding it.
I was also thinking of using the FSM to diagnose the sunroof problem because i have a multimeter and have some experience with diagnosing circuits (currently taking DC circuits class).
In the service manual it shows to test the fuse or switch (idk which it is) which is located at the connection spot 21 which is the yellow plastic housing thing next to the two green fuses. But there was nothing connected there.

So what im asking from you guys is if you could take a look at your junction block and see if it looks like mine of if im missing something. Also if anyone knows what that wire connections that is not connected is for. Or if you could refer me to the fsm where i could find it.

One thing i should say is that the owner said the fuse box under the hood had blown or caught fire or something so he replaced it along with the entire wiring harness. (the wire that leads to the horns is all burned up and exposing wire and the horn doesnt work but ima work on that next)
Attached Thumbnails Is the sunroof fuse missing?-20130302_154656.jpg   Is the sunroof fuse missing?-20130302_154704.jpg   Is the sunroof fuse missing?-20130302_154726.jpg   Is the sunroof fuse missing?-fuseedit.jpg  

Last edited by Ace4g63; Mar 2, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on the side of the door little door deal is a diagram with pic and sizes needed i have an RA and my box looks a little different then yours.
Attached Thumbnails Is the sunroof fuse missing?-img_2837.jpg   Is the sunroof fuse missing?-img_2833-copy.jpg