Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

P0134 code, no activity, bank 1 sensor 1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RT78
Ok, ws the second fuel trim STFT or LTFT, if it's really STFT, you're definitely running rich, with the old O2 are you getting switching back and forth between positive and negative now?
ooppss., sorry, yeah, the second was ltft. am getting switching back and forth from pos to neg now on the upstream one.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, sounds like you had a bit of bad luck and got a faulty O2 sensor, the LTFT will take a bit to lower but it should come back down to around where the STFT level is. Your STFT is good, it indicates that the motor isn't having to add or subtract fuel to maintain stoichiometric ratio. And just a bit of a tip, always use oem parts when you replace sensors, it may be a little more pricey (or not), but I had an 04 Bonneville that I put a Bosch upstream O2 sensor in, my gas mileage dropped and it ran pretty horrible. Got an ACDelco sensor and put it in and it was a night and day difference. Denso makes the oe part if you ever want to replace it it's part #MR578634, the actual sensor part # is different, but it should say which part it replaces. For example on Rockauto.com the Denso sensor is part #2344739 but when you click info it tells you the part #'s of the sensors it replaces, and again no problem at all for the help, the more you know about repairs the more money you'll keep in your pocket.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

I run Denso's with no problems
Old Mar 28, 2014, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Alright, sounds like you had a bit of bad luck and got a faulty O2 sensor, the LTFT will take a bit to lower but it should come back down to around where the STFT level is. Your STFT is good, it indicates that the motor isn't having to add or subtract fuel to maintain stoichiometric ratio. And just a bit of a tip, always use oem parts when you replace sensors, it may be a little more pricey (or not), but I had an 04 Bonneville that I put a Bosch upstream O2 sensor in, my gas mileage dropped and it ran pretty horrible. Got an ACDelco sensor and put it in and it was a night and day difference. Denso makes the oe part if you ever want to replace it it's part #MR578634, the actual sensor part # is different, but it should say which part it replaces. For example on Rockauto.com the Denso sensor is part #2344739 but when you click info it tells you the part #'s of the sensors it replaces, and again no problem at all for the help, the more you know about repairs the more money you'll keep in your pocket.
Again, I appreciate all of your input.

I did put the old sensor in yesterday, as I indicated and ran the scan tool. then i ran the car last night and she ran it today to school and back and so far, no CEL. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.......

going to contact Rock Auto...seems that when I ordered the upstream sensor, I saw the word Denso next to the one I ordered, but turned out it was not a Denso. since it is either faulty or not able to communicate properly with the computer, I am going to see if I can return it and get the correct one in it's place. the downstream sensor arrived today. may not need either one right now, but at least I will be prepared.

Thanx again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 29, 2014, 02:59 AM
Evolving Member

Oh, and if you ever need the part #'s for ordering, just send me a pm, I have a subscription to alldata so I can get you any manufacturer part # you may need.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

Oh, and if you ever need the part #'s for ordering, just send me a pm, I have a subscription to alldata so I can get you any manufacturer part # you may need.
That is great!!!!!!!!! Thanx!!!!!!!!!!{thumbup }