Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

03 Lancer will not start

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Lancer will not start

I replaced the positive terminal head a few weeks ago. It is not OEM but pieced together from nuts and bolts from another terminal head and a bolt from another and a nut from another. Just so it would all fit and be tight. Since then I have had an issue with the car starting. The only way it will start is if I use jumper cables and connect only the negative clamp to the negative post of the battery and then the car will start right up every time.

Old Oct 30, 2014, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by techieguy
I replaced the positive terminal head a few weeks ago. It is not OEM but pieced together from nuts and bolts from another terminal head and a bolt from another and a nut from another. Just so it would all fit and be tight. Since then I have had an issue with the car starting. The only way it will start is if I use jumper cables and connect only the negative clamp to the negative post of the battery and then the car will start right up every time.

I recommend going back to the regular terminal becuase it doesnt seem like they are.connecting properly