Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Front turn signal issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front turn signal issues

Recently changed over to the wiring harness from an 04 ralliart, everything is working correctly except the turn signals and running lights in the headlight housing.
Ive checked fuses bulbs etc and nothing
Does anybody have an idea of what is wrong or have wiring diagrams for the turn signals?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxman92
Recently changed over to the wiring harness from an 04 ralliart, everything is working correctly except the turn signals and running lights in the headlight housing.
Ive checked fuses bulbs etc and nothing
Does anybody have an idea of what is wrong or have wiring diagrams for the turn signals?
headlights from a 04-06 dont fit 02-03's... what car do you have, is it the one in your sig ?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

or did u actually move the entire harness ( headlights ) off a 04-06 to the 02-03 ? what was reason for this move ?

we need more info
Old Jan 27, 2016, 09:37 PM

Problem was solved however I will elaborate in case this is ever a future problem for someone else.
I am using the 04 ralliart harness in my 02 oz because i swapped a ralliart 4g69 in place of my tired stock motor.

As for the drivers side the problem was simply a bent contact in the signal socket that wasnt making contact with the harness.

On the passengers side I simply unplugged the ralliart harness ( comes from the drivers side) and plugged in the stock oz harness ( comes from the passenger wheel well) and all is well

Once i get a hold of both wiring diagrams i will diagnose why the ralliart harmess wasnt working for the signals on the passenger side, however my hunch is that there is a huge difference in how things are routed behind the dash.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

wow, i didnt know you did a swap, any pics od the ra motor in the 02 .... i have pdf's for 02-06 lancers but not the ra ( 04-06 )...

now i understand what was done, i think i can halp..

if u havent tried this, having a multimeter may help here.. the hot/neutral maybee different on the ra than in our oz for running/parking lights and turn signal. i would check with a multimeter and see witch one is hot when u turn on the turn signal or the parking lights..
easy way to check/test is use a temp wire to make contact between the 2 ( from harness to headlight unit )and see if it works before u start cutting oem wires... all u have to do is make contact and if it works, u shd be ok....

maybe related if u get urs fixed, but once u get ur bugs worked out and if ur signals start a rapid blinking, can happen with oem bulbs or leds' ) use 50W 6ohm Load Resistors. i had to use them when i switchd the parking lights withturn signals
Old Jan 28, 2016, 09:52 PM

Heres the only pic I currently have, its a crappy cell pic so justice is not done

The swap took me 3.5 days which included gutting both cars and waiting on parts
Total estimated cost
04 ralliart $250
Timing belt and tensioner $80o
Fluids $100

I will definitely go poking around more with the multimeter when i have time, for now im just glad everything works.... except my cmc but i think that was failing before the swap...
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Foxman92
Heres the only pic I currently have, its a crappy cell pic so justice is not done

The swap took me 3.5 days which included gutting both cars and waiting on parts
Total estimated cost
04 ralliart $250
Timing belt and tensioner $80o
Fluids $100

I will definitely go poking around more with the multimeter when i have time, for now im just glad everything works.... except my cmc but i think that was failing before the swap...
picture is awesome and grats on the swap

i wont bother you with any details, since i know whats been done and from seeing what oj did with his lancer.
. ... key to any swap is get it in and running under its own power ugot my

getting bugs worked out and looks like you u will have one sweet ride