Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Belt squeaking?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2004, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!!!!

i have this annoying noise from the engine.....i believe its from the belt coz everytime i accelerate i always hear this quick squeky noise........anyone knows how to adjust the belt........pls help me with this......
Old Apr 6, 2004, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and how to apply a belt spray?????
Old Apr 6, 2004, 11:04 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
{broken recrod} please read the forums guidelines asking that your title include some idea as to what's inside. Otherwise, we would have a forum full of threads called "help" {broken record}

moving to troubleshooting, but I suggest reading a few of the 1,000 most recent squeak/rattle/tick/ping/click/bang/pop threads already in place.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to the guy above me... thats not right.. you could at least help these guys out. Im sure that you've had trouble finding stuff out for your lancer and needed help.

to you guys in need.. find out which belt is squeeking. It either be the alternator or the serpentine belt. Check, double check and triple check the tension on the belts. Make sure that there arent any foriegn objects caught between the pully's or anything.

I dont recomend the belt sprays. I had used a prestone belt dressing.. to try and cure my car from that annoying squeek. Little did i know that it would create way too much friction and snapped the belt and caused it to catch fire. ... so learn from that dreadful experience of mine lol.

If worse comes to worse, take it to a mechanic to see whats going on with it. and if its the tension on the belt, let the mech fix it and you observe on how much should be on the belt so the next time you can just do it yourself.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
mine did the same thing I just applied the oil in a white bottle with black lettering on it, and it stopped the sqeaking noise. But it worked for me im not sure if it will do the same thing so at least give it a try