Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Car blower sometimes not working

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car blower sometimes not working

Recently I've noticed that my 2011 Lancer SE AC blower has not been working occasionally no matter the fan setting. The feet and windshield defroster work 100% of the time but the vents located on the dash only work about 30% of the time. What could be the cause of this? I don't think it could be a blown fuse as it still works sometimes. If someone could let me know what I should be looking for to diagnose the problem or how much it would potentially cost to repair that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
?
So the fan blower motor works every time when in defrost, but maybe 30% of the time when set to dash vents? You can hear the motor - but air doesn't blow?

Or do you mean the fan blower motor only works (hear motor/blows air) once in awhile?

Please be a bit more descriptive. Need to troubleshoot between the blower motor assy. and the fan switch resistor pack.
Either way - it should be a easy fix you can do yourself in less than an hour.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Veronica
?
So the fan blower motor works every time when in defrost, but maybe 30% of the time when set to dash vents? You can hear the motor - but air doesn't blow?

Or do you mean the fan blower motor only works (hear motor/blows air) once in awhile?

Please be a bit more descriptive. Need to troubleshoot between the blower motor assy. and the fan switch resistor pack.
Either way - it should be a easy fix you can do yourself in less than an hour.
The defroster and vents near the pedals always work properly. The blower on the dash sometimes does not work (I've noticed it works less when it gets really cold, below 0C), when it is not working, I can still hear the motor running. It's been working reliably for the past couple days but it was not working on the weekend. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say here, thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Ok, this helps...

Sounds like it is not the blower motor or resistor pack.

I would start simple and swap the control unit (switch panel) in the dash.