Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

need help w coolant issue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2021, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help w coolant issue

Ok, so I think I blew either my head gasket or my intake manifold gasket, hard to tell. Al of a sudden car didn't wanna start. It had been sitting for about a year and a half before I bought it, so I put new gas in it and cranked it until it turned over. Now it seems to be losing cool and pretty quickly, when I started the exhaust smells like it's burning coolant, I pull off my crankcase cap and there's a white sluggish substance on top of the cab, and I believe there's coolant in the oil. Basically just started it to move it since, although at first I ran it and burped coolant into it thinking that I must on a top it off when I did a radiator swap. First how do I determine if it's the head gasket or the intake? Looking at the front of the engine I really don't see any fresh g coolant leaking although it would burn on the engine almost immediately I would guess, and having had a bad radiator it's sprayed coolant all over inside that's not cleaned up. When I look back underneath the intake manifold it's wet from the bottom of the manifold down. How should I trouble shoot? Is my engine ****ed? I was thinking starting by hitting the engine bay w some degreaser and having a clean bay to diagnose in. Sorry for the novel!