Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Lancer pistons on sale....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
David - best of luck in the sale. Pistons are hard because of the prohibitive install cost (which is why mine are still in my spare bedroom). I hope these do sell, because I'd love to see Buschur try to make more for the Lancer.

Only two Lancers that I've heard of have tried upping CR. One has "10.5:1" pistons, but no details were given on the source of them. The other (Boe) has installed the Ross Racing 10.5:1 pistons and said the car runs perfectly fine on 91 octane with no tuning required. That should let most people know that it's safe...
Old Mar 4, 2005, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Al is actively working on getting a flash for the NT cars. We will offer it if he gets it all sorted out.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Mar 9, 2005, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would for sure be in for A dynoflash, tho its prolly not worth his time, and ebing that your guys convinced dave to make these and fell through on it, sorry dave for the waste of moeny and time, too bad your in OH, i would have you guys use my car as a test car( though i dont think it woulld be that hard to find one)
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

sorry man, I just got laid off on my second job, so I'm having to watch my cash real close now. Hopefully I pick up another job before these are all gone
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

just came in today. great looking product. too bad I won't get these in for a few months... anyhow, jump on these while you can.

bump from a very happy customer!
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

if i didnt buy the SC kit, i wouldve jumped on these. good price.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Sorry to revive this, but I was wondering what kind of warranty there is with these pistons, if any. My motor got proper fu<ked so I need new pistons and these really attracted me.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

I'm a noob to this kind of thing ; ; I thought changing a lighter than stock piston is good for N/a and mostly FI guys... now you guys are talking about compression ratios and fuel octain which confuses me. With such nice pistons and price how come no one bought this? another loss for our lancers. Anyway since I'm unaware about the risks of changing internals I may have to back up. ; ; unless someone here pm me or help me with the subject. I am a confused noob ; ; and it confuses me so much that i don't know where and which thread to start researching. PLease shed me some light m(_ _);m
Old Sep 17, 2005, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

You need to be more specific than that, what aspects are you confused about?
Old Sep 17, 2005, 03:22 PM

Why a diff grade octane, what does the compression ratio effect and measure? Turbo's are nice... how will CR and Octane affected the turbo's performance?

Love,
"Another Confused Noob"
Old Sep 17, 2005, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

like what's the difference between 9.5:1, 10:1, 10.5:1 compression ratio on pistons?. why do we have to be aware of compression rates? why do we have to put certain octane fuel whenever you upgrade to lighter than stock piston? compatibility with pauter rods? compatibility with stock rods? difference in performance based on compression rates? gas mileage? misfire? fitment in engine? compatibility issues? i forgot the rest sry kinda busy watching a movie
Old Sep 17, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Ok I'll try to cover both of these posts to the best of my abilities (which isn't very good). Anyways, from what I understand the compression is exactly that, how much the air fuel mixture is compressed before being ignited by the spark. Higher octanes are needed to resist the chances of detonation (when the mixture explodes prematurely) caused by the higher compression. Generally speaking turbos do not like high compression, the combination of forced induction and high compression can result in your engine basically exploding due to the pressure. When the DSMers and such start getting into the very high boost applications (like high 20s) they actually drop the compression by either changing the pistons or by using decompression gaskets. Lancers obviously don't face this problem as we can't boost that much anyways. These pistons should be fine for boost applications. As for the octane and turbo relationship, thats a subject for another thread (simple answer, use higher octane).
Now for Kenshinxs questions. The difference between 9.5:1 and 10.5:1 is the 10.5:1 pistons will compress the mixture more, resulting in more power. Compression rates are important if your serious about getting power out of a naturally aspirated application, if you just want bolt ons, this is not for you. The weight of the pistons has no affect on the octane requirements, only the compression ratios/increases. If they're compatible with stock rods they should be compatible with Pauter rods. Fitment should be fine, not sure about gas mileage, and misfiring should be fine.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 03:41 AM
Evolving Member

"if you just want bolt ons, this is not for you"

So you mean you have to change some engine internals just to replace the stock ones? I'm really interested in buying the pistons and replacing the old ones myself since bodyshop here can't be trusted. I got some other questions like what would be the advantages of N/A applications compared to FI in performance? What is the compression ratio of stock pistons? Do we have installation instruction somewhere to see what risks are involved in installation? Will putting a different octane with upgraded pistons a performance issue or an engine risk issue?

I think most people will buy the pistons if they have the knowledge about what things are involved when upgrading pistons. In the past I was thinking of buying RRM pistons but I'm pretty scared about changing my engine internal and the lack of knowledge that comes with it. But then when I finish installing my magnum rail I begin to see things differently. I know changing pistons have higher risks involved than the rail. But I was hoping that a noob like me has the possibilty to perform the daunted task if I have the proper guidance, knowledge, and support that comes with it. I would like to hang on to that possibility. I know I'm not the only noob here who wants a piston upgrade. I'm not a privileged like a mechanic or person who was born rich and/or pampered and I'm not the only one here also. Too bad it'll be another discontinued part for lancers. I think people here would love to get pistons. It's just that noobs and non experts like me don't have a say on this so some people disregard having piston upgrades other than people who upgraded to FI. Disregard this paragraph it's just my 02 and I don't want to have an off topic debate. Just need to learn more about pistons and if I feel comfortable I'll try to starve more and buy em
Old Sep 18, 2005, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

While I was going through threads researching for rpw header, I came across the long 38 page thread that answered some of my questions(omg no wonder people gets lazy searching for answers)

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=rpw+header

there's a lot of things involved installing pistons and a lot of things that's hindering people from buying them:

-honing cylinders (dunno what that means)
-overbore (what's that?)
-compatibility with piggyback
-compatibitliy with AFR
-compatibility with other mods
-using right octane fuel
-installation costs
-installation risk
-ease of installation
-tuning
-lean risk
-other risks(injector, right spark plugs, fuel regulator)
-and maybe some other things i missed?(duh it's 38 pages)

so this 10:1 compression is good for N/A
just like what peeps already said here: high compression + FI= not good

Anyway it seems like there are other things that i need to know when installing them... Sry david I really wanted to buy but since i'm going FI and I don't have the money I will have to pass. But anyway bump for the guys buying em(good price) and please post some reviews... It'll really help us confused people who lacks knowledge.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kenshinx001
"if you just want bolt ons, this is not for you"

So you mean you have to change some engine internals just to replace the stock ones? I'm really interested in buying the pistons and replacing the old ones myself since bodyshop here can't be trusted. I got some other questions like what would be the advantages of N/A applications compared to FI in performance? What is the compression ratio of stock pistons? Do we have installation instruction somewhere to see what risks are involved in installation? Will putting a different octane with upgraded pistons a performance issue or an engine risk issue?

I think most people will buy the pistons if they have the knowledge about what things are involved when upgrading pistons. In the past I was thinking of buying RRM pistons but I'm pretty scared about changing my engine internal and the lack of knowledge that comes with it. But then when I finish installing my magnum rail I begin to see things differently. I know changing pistons have higher risks involved than the rail. But I was hoping that a noob like me has the possibilty to perform the daunted task if I have the proper guidance, knowledge, and support that comes with it. I would like to hang on to that possibility. I know I'm not the only noob here who wants a piston upgrade. I'm not a privileged like a mechanic or person who was born rich and/or pampered and I'm not the only one here also. Too bad it'll be another discontinued part for lancers. I think people here would love to get pistons. It's just that noobs and non experts like me don't have a say on this so some people disregard having piston upgrades other than people who upgraded to FI. Disregard this paragraph it's just my 02 and I don't want to have an off topic debate. Just need to learn more about pistons and if I feel comfortable I'll try to starve more and buy em
Stock compression is 9.5:1. The advantages of NA are less risks as turbo (at least for the stuff we're doing) and of course no turbo lag. Unless you are very very good with engines, don't do it yourself, you could seriously damage the engine if you screw up. I covered the octane issue in my previous post so just look there.

Quick Reply: Lancer pistons on sale....