Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

VIS CF Hood, EVO & OEM. Putting together order.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:11 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIS CF Hood, EVO & OEM. Putting together order.

Ok people, here is where I stand on this deal. First since I am in business to feed myself, this is not a "get it at cost" deal. I will try to save people some money while at the same time earn a little to pay my bills. Fair?

Ok, as it stands,

EVO Hood: $460 w/o grill.
EVO Hood: $500 w/grill.
OEM Hood: $410 w/o grill

Here is the deal, I can save you about $50 on the hoods if we get at least ten on order. Seems to be a great demand for these. So this shouldn't be a real stretch. It can be any combination of hoods too. But they did tell me they have more EVO style than OEM. Of course I'm willing to buy a few for stock so we don't need 10 people but it would be nice.

If you want one now, then the price is set. I'm still working on shipping charges, but for working numbers expect it to be $125. They charge $25 to box it up and sorry guys, I'm not eating that.

A few more details. they do sell the grill seperate. Cost is $110. When it is time to order you'll need to tell me if you want the grill or not because they will attach the grill for you before shipping.

As for shipping damage, you are responsible for checking the box upon arrival. If you don't inspect the hood when it arrives and find out it is damaged, then there is no claim. You must file a damage claim with the freight company. Not with me or VIS.

I'm going to work on getting the shipping fees lowered if I can, but in the meantime, start putting in your order.

PM for any other info.

Last edited by tswift; Aug 1, 2003 at 11:13 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Okay I need to stick to my plan, so I must withdraw from this offer...even though it sounds good.

I really need to buy the RRM TB so I need to buy that first...maybe next time?

Last edited by pisetup; Aug 1, 2003 at 12:25 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 12:31 PM
Account Disabled

I find that hard to believe. Especially for that price. I would have to buy like 40 hoods to get that kind of deal Wholesale. BTW, the vendor rules state you are not to post compteting prices.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

That's true, but NggrMxn isn't a competing vendor, just another member.

I'm not sure that rule applies to someone just saying they found a better deal, since he's not trying to make a buck.

Still too rich for my blood, since I'm broke. Besides, an RRM ECU flash is more important to me.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Please review the vendor forum rules.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 02:43 PM

I think that was for me... my bad... like I said in my other post somewhere I was askign about profanity rules cause I am a noob lazy guy sorry again
!!!!

apologize
Old Aug 1, 2003, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

wait a sec.. This is for the Lancer and not the Evolution Right?? And its that Hood that Calvin made w/ the New VIS CF Grill that has that center piece like the stock grill?
Old Aug 1, 2003, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

it is for this one

Old Aug 1, 2003, 08:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yes, it's for the Lancer. I dunno if you noticed, but the Lancer and Evo vendor forums have been separated (and tswift does Lancer sales almost (if not) exlusively from what I've seen).

My question is, and please correct me if I'm just dense, are the prices mentioned your "everyday low price" and the group buy basically a discount on shipping? I am interested in an OEM hood, but considering my financial situation at present I know it's going to be a hot minute before I place any orders that aren't to get my car running properly.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

ok so its only 40 bucks to add the grill?? And just for the record, could someone tell me how YP racing is selling this hood for 360 + shipping on ebay?? I mean, you can get it for 500 shipped and its the same hood right?? How did they get it for so cheap??
Old Aug 2, 2003, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

tswift i'am very intrested but here's the catch i need some time to gather the proper fundage like about a month maybe two (but i highly doubt two so i'am willing to wait a bit to see if you can bring down some shipping prices but count me in. just give me a couple of weeks or so to gather the $$$$$

*my edit*

i got a quick question the last time this hood order went down their was some Bull**** that when down with it. So the qu: is do they have the hoods in stock or is thier gonna be some sort of story by VIS when it comes time for them to deliver, cause i would hate to see it happen again and not to you cause i know when the whole thing fell out alo6t of peeps where pissed and i know vince wasn't to happy even htou it really wasn't his fault)

i will do things to help gather the people but i think the reasurance that they can deliver. just my thought.......

Last edited by BlkLancer; Aug 2, 2003 at 03:01 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 08:38 PM
Account Disabled

right now the status is just trying to gather some orders. As much as i'd like to be able to front $4000 I just can't invest that at once. So to answer your question, I don't have any in stock. I'm trying to reach the magic number of ten. But as I said, I don't need 10 orders as I'm going to cover at least 2-3 for my stock. So in reality I only need 7 people willing to buy either hood.

As for how other people are getting them cheaper, I have no idea. I am set up as a dealer, but maybe I can see if there is a deeper discount. Hard to say. I'm sure it costs them a decent amount to make the hoods. They have to recoup their cost plus make a profit. If it were easy we all could just make a mold and have new hood.

As I've said this won't go down for a little while. I know many of you need time to get the money. If you want one now, the cost is listed. If you don't mind waiting a couple weeks or so, we will try to get a better price on both the hoods and shipping especially. As it stands I think I have had 4 people say they would buy a hood. So if they aren't blowing smoke, we only need 3-4 more people. The more the better that is for sure. Stay tuned.
Old Aug 3, 2003, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

well you can count me in.

and i wasn't refering to you having them in stock i was just wanting to know if thier in stock some where. doese vis have ten hoods or is thier gonna be probs w/ them comming up with the #'s
Old Aug 3, 2003, 02:21 PM

count me in too i really want this hood and since the deal went sour last time it is just making me more eager to get this....
Old Aug 3, 2003, 05:13 PM
Account Disabled

ok, then that is 4. Only a few more to go. I'll keep you all informed.

Quick Reply: VIS CF Hood, EVO & OEM. Putting together order.