Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Lancer owners who want 13-15 whp and 12 ft lb torque for cheap , READ THIS !

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2003, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My AFC said stock limit is 6210....at least that is what it recorded. I'm really thinking about going with one of these...do they work with auto trannies too?
Old Aug 19, 2003, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Yep, sure do ! I remember you were asking about mine along time ago so you can vouch for me and the fact that i highly recommended it even before I ever thought about selling it.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Yup, I recall that, but wat unsure about it before. So this adjusts ignition timing as well as A/F ratio? Maybe I'll give the Jet guys a call and chat with them about it.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

I,m still learning the techy stuff myself so give em a call and tell me what you get out of the call !
Old Aug 20, 2003, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Lets see dyno sheets!I have real trouble believing this. My bro has a JET chip, it sucks. Wanna see numbers.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

can we get the chip with instructions sent strait to us? im an electronics student. i wouldnt mind doing the soldering on my own ecu. and possibly at a much cheaper price.

Link
Old Aug 23, 2003, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by DRC Imports
Lancer owners who want 13-15 whp and 12 ft lb torque for cheap , READ THIS !
that statement is a little misleading...

im not sure i fully understand what you should do if you add more aftermarket parts after the chip. if that could be explained a little better i might be interested....
Old Aug 23, 2003, 11:02 PM

thats cool
Old Aug 27, 2003, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Does it do the same thing as the Jet performance product they call V-FORCE?
Old Aug 27, 2003, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 4Gaijin63

that statement is a little misleading...

im not sure i fully understand what you should do if you add more aftermarket parts after the chip. if that could be explained a little better i might be interested....
Bolt on stuff like intake, header, exhaust - you're fine. The chip will learn to adapt and provide more hp. Internal mods or turbo, you'll want to send it back to JET with this info.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 05:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off feeling 20whp is nothing that will prove anything to me... the fact is dyno sheets are where its at. That is what i'd like to see as many others would. Also if the seal is broken on the stock ecu the manufacturer(ie: mitsubishi) can and will void your warranty! Time and time again i've seen this claim and watched many honda guys go with a stage 2 hurt the motor and be told their warranty is voided as HONDA does full inspections. Guess what so does Mitusbishi and they will not cover the failure nor go after JET to do so. I called jet and discussed this and they said that for them to cover anything i'd have to prove their product did this. Without atleast 30% plus of their customers coming forward with same problems then they are not going to cover it. That means they will not AND neither will Mitsu. Many things are CARB legal but that doesn't mean you can't blame them for the car going wrong. The fact is any aftermarket mod is considered unauthorized unless sold and installed at time of purchase by dealer! Check it out... prove me wrong!! Also i've talked to jet on this a little bit more indepth. Seems the mirage tune is what they are going with with some slight changes. Good luck on this product. I'll wait for dyno sheets to back BUTT dyno's!!
Old Aug 27, 2003, 05:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Realizing how much of an attack it is seeming i'm making i'm just looking out for those who might jump to fast on this... all in all 400 bucks for unproven results which are quoted as being only 15-20 at the wheels is to sketchy for me. There is proven out there and i think that is the first thing you need to do. Just prove it and put this to bed! Also veryify with JET that they have actually taken a lancer and tested this product. I think you'll find the test data is all theoretical!! This is a big problem for me and should be looked into!
Old Aug 27, 2003, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Read the whole Federal Trade Act law on this Boe. Regardless. I have been rough with my Lancer and I highly doubt that this JET ecu will have me at Mits. dealer shop getting it repaired. If anything goes wrong with my car, it would be because of how I drive it, not doing some A/F and timing adjustments. This is a reputable companies and well, your friends just had Hondas that maybe they thought were Supras. Did they have proof the ecu did it ? Chances are, whatever they did and whatever went wrong was because of them. Damn, I knew I should've got this thing dynoed when I put this ecu in !?!?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by Boeturbolancer
First off feeling 20whp is nothing that will prove anything to me... the fact is dyno sheets are where its at. That is what i'd like to see as many others would. Also if the seal is broken on the stock ecu the manufacturer(ie: mitsubishi) can and will void your warranty! Time and time again i've seen this claim and watched many honda guys go with a stage 2 hurt the motor and be told their warranty is voided as HONDA does full inspections. Guess what so does Mitusbishi and they will not cover the failure nor go after JET to do so. I called jet and discussed this and they said that for them to cover anything i'd have to prove their product did this. Without atleast 30% plus of their customers coming forward with same problems then they are not going to cover it. That means they will not AND neither will Mitsu. Many things are CARB legal but that doesn't mean you can't blame them for the car going wrong. The fact is any aftermarket mod is considered unauthorized unless sold and installed at time of purchase by dealer! Check it out... prove me wrong!! Also i've talked to jet on this a little bit more indepth. Seems the mirage tune is what they are going with with some slight changes. Good luck on this product. I'll wait for dyno sheets to back BUTT dyno's!!
Old Aug 27, 2003, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Well why can't you do it now? Dyno that is? Have you gone turbo or something?

WADAD

Oh just post your list of mods if you are still NA. That's what was done before with the other proven ecu out there.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

I will go to AMS and have it dynoed soon I think. Only thing is, I have a few mods like CAi, bored throttle body, test pipe and axle back and I am getting a custom catback made in a week using a HKS muffler.