Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

ROAD/RACE Piggy back ECU! New!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2004, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drags sound nice... a little recommendation jozilla69 if you don't already get the thorttle body... with the short ram and that combined you will feel a nice little gain... i did the SRI and the TB at the same time and it's a noticable diff... just my reccomendation. but i love this thing..it kicks some ***...
Old Feb 4, 2004, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Just give me another day or two and I will know. I'm pretty sure I will be getting it though.

I don't want to miss out on this.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 06:04 AM

deltron...throttle body and headers will be next, maybe the ported intake too. No test pipe though, I want loud but not obnoxious
I ordered everything last Mon. so it should be here today...I hope.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Alright well I called today ready to buy myself the Piggyback but they said you wont have any until probably next week. I would be ok with that but then on the web site it says that it is good to invest because it will work with the RRM stage 2 turbo. Well I have a problem with that. What about the non-inc guys? You got no love for us Rob. J/k

Im not sure who I talked to but he said u guys are working on the non-inc right now and I should be able to get it soon. You told me Rob when I got my turbo that I would get the bug and always want more power. Well damnit you gave it to me and I need more power now.

Just to let you know I am ready, cash in hand, whenever you guys have done enough R&D to get the piggyback for non-inc. So just holler by PM or in here when you are ready and I would be honored to be one of the first non-inc lancers to have the piggyback.

BTW: Any estimate maybe on when the piggyback might be ready for us non-inc folks?

Oh and Jozilla I have the test pipe with my cat back exhaust and header and other mods and it is not annoying at all. If anything it gave a lot cleaner deeper tone to my exhaust. I like it I thought it might be whiny but it isnt in the least bit.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

i have not spoke with rrm but...
i highly doubt they will make on for a non ic guy because they have already catered to manual w/turbo, manual, auto w/turbo, auto. thats 4 different ecu's. adding that to the mixwould add 2 more and get kinda rediculous lol. just my speculation though. i also think it wouldnt help that much more than the one for a NA car's would.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by hardcoretuner
they have already catered to manual w/turbo
Ok what do you think I have have. A non intercooled turbo that is a manual transmission. They have not catered to me. I believe that there are more non-inc turbos out there then intercooled so I think it would be a wise decison. Plus the guy at RRM told me they were working on it. I would have just gotten the reflashed ecu if I knew they were just going to *** me out. But RRM are a bunch of great guys and I am pretty sure they will help me out
Old Feb 5, 2004, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

why wouldn't the turbo piggyback be interchangeable for ic and non-ic? would the effects be that much different?
Old Feb 5, 2004, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

well lets let RRM respond to our questions and we will see whats coming up.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 12:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is what I look at for criteria....

• Is it feasible to do? Perhaps
• IS it going to be effective, safe and bullet proof? Working on answering these questions by R&D.
•Is it cost effective i.e. does benefit outweigh cost? ___________
•Do people want it? Seems so.

There are many thing we can do but we have to do alot of R&D. Not sure if it is viable yet. We are tackling one thing at a time and right now we have 10 things! I love all the enthusiam and I must admit it eggs me on sometimes when it is after midnight and I am making a pot of coffee. Non IC guys should first consider trading up to IC. You can run a bit more boost that way plus get more h.p. per pound of boost. We have had great success cause we really try to test and be sure we are giving you a value for the $ and make thing that are not going to backfire on anyone. We are in it for the long haul. That is why we do thing in our own time and and release things when they are really ready.

ROAD/RACE

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Feb 6, 2004, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey can i call in a order on saturday or you guys go out fishing or somthing on the weekends.???
Old Feb 6, 2004, 07:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Give a call. We should be there 10-3 PAC time.

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 6, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

i just want to know what the other nine things are! keep up the good work guys... rrm has always been behind the lancer community and the lancer community will always be behind rrm.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

econ!

Originally posted by Sonantoni
So the piggy back has finally gone up to $439
it's finally on the site and it says $439, nooooo!

Guys, there is one thing we can do to get this price to go down. We need to refer to our old microeconomics books! Thre more demand, the less the price, though the demand would go up if the price was still 399!
Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

If I don't call tonight for it, not sure what time you stay open. I will try and call 10pm EST which is 7pm PAC if you guys are still there.

If not I will call Saturday between 2-3pm PAC.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Re: econ!

Guys, there is one thing we can do to get this price to go down. We need to refer to our old microeconomics books! Thre more demand, the less the price, though the demand would go up if the price was still 399! [/B][/QUOTE]

does elasticity apply at all?

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE Piggy back ECU! New!!