Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Colorado sTI State Trooper...?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2005, 04:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey red demon, isnt that called entrapment? a cop cannot provoke you into an illegal act and then arrest you can they? i mean like street racing...
Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

EXACTLY what i thought. Its a firend of mine who has a twin turbo'd supra. He must have bad luck, he once got ARRESTED with many others for doing 3 (yes THREE) over the speed limit down in chicago. Later explaination showed that the cops just targeted him and the many other tuner cars he was driving with. Down in chicago they do that, see some "ricers", and find any excuse to f*ck with them. ill say it once, f*ck cops, MOST all of them. 99% are self absorbed lazy f*cks that go NOWHERE after highschool, so they decide to take up a job where they can seem superior and still f*ck with people like its the highschool days. Im just sick of all the people confusing lil ricey 15 year old kids rolling around in his "corolla S" with a 2 foot aluminum wing and a $10 exhaust zip tied on with the TRUE inport tuners. there is a MAJOR difference between the two, but either way they always assume a connection or association. OT comment: We are f*cked for ANOTHER four years (wth daddys boy bush craving oil and revenge on the people that attempted to kill his daddy ten years ago) a man with the IQ of a raisin is running our country, and it seems like equally intelligent pigs are partoling our streets
Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
suprized nobody has mentioned this for stop building crown vic its replacment ford 500 all wheeel drive say hello to the new cruiser hell it was basicly built for that
Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

It's only entrapment if they force you to do something that's illegal that you weren't otherwise planning to do. So, if the cop revs on you at a light and you take off, BAM! You gets a speeding ticket. On the other hand, if you tell the cop you don't wantto race and then if the cop puts a gun to your head, takes your girl out of the passenger's seat and says he'll kill her if you don't race him and then gives you a ticket for street racing- that's entrapment.

the word you're looking for is "enticement" and that's not illegal, just a little shady. But, if he revs on you and you punch it, then you were obviously willing to commit the crime, he just gave you the opportunity to show him that you would, in fact, do it.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
um engneer boy intrapment laws differ from state to state some states intrapment is simple like here in mass police officers have to have there lights on when setting up speed traps due to intrapment if a cop lights up a joint and passes it to you then tries to nail you for smoking pot intrapment inmany states its actually quiet a hazy law i did a paper on it back in high school like 6 or 8 years ago
Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

cops are dicks plain and simple. the time in his supra with the vette, the cop started spiining HIS wheels at the light. I was in the pass. seat seeing it all, he was doing anything just to mess with us. Whe nhe did pull us over, he tried EVERYTHING. Wintow tint, checked horn, lighting, did a decibel rating on exhaust, questioned if it was "lowered too much", he was trying to get us for anything and EVERYTHING he could, it was ridiculous
Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Cerfur: Well, good luck convincing a judge that you aren't guilty of street racing because the cop "entrapped" you into doing it by revving is engine.

http://www.criminal-law-lawyer-sourc...ntrapment.html <---- Note that this isn't specific to one state or another.
Originally Posted by above website
Government agents can only be proved to commit entrapment if they implant the idea to perform a crime in the mind of an innocent person. The entrapment defense is irrelevant if the agent merely created the opportunity to commit a crime; defendants claiming entrapment must prove unlikely to commit such a crime in the absence of an entrapment situation.
well documented discussion, specifically about your drug-use scenario:
http://www.erowid.org/freedom/police/police_info6.shtml

One more and I'm done:
http://www.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultima...;f=44;t=000689

Just google "entrapment laws" The internet's come a long way since your highschool paper, and the scenario I orignally presented is accurate under the defnintion of law.

and my screen name is one word. I'll thank you to not use the space bar in the middle of it.

Last edited by engineerboy; Jan 13, 2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoLife
It seems like half of you want faster cop cars, WTF?
I think it's cool, plus it will help them catch any scumbags that run from them
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

most scumbags try to out run them in stolen buicks or trucks, not really a problem catching them!!
I did hear that in 1 or 2 countries in Europe they were using Evo VII cop cars!
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

engineerboy is exactly right about entrapment. its only entrapment if they cause you to do something you werent predisposed to do. basicly if you were going to do it anyway its not entrapment. if you race off a light just cause some idiot next to you revs you were going to do it anyway, regardless of who it was. you got the opportunity and you took it. bam, youre done.

just like when they put the plain clothes copper out there acting like hes drunk and someone picks his pocket. those asses were out to pick pockets anyway, police just gave them the opportunity and the dicks took it. same difference as the street racing.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 04:29 AM
Evolving Member

The pic is fake BTW.