Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

China made cars!...Would you buy one?? (pics)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't trust Chinese quality if they are not supervise by foreign companies.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
actually, guys. after thinking about it I would take one of these cars I mean how much they cost? 5k? Wouldn't it be soooo fun just to DESTROY one of these and have a screen on your car and like show every person that has one of them on the roads what you did to their dam car... ahahahah or a drive up movie lol something i don't know, i'm blabbin but it would be sooo fun
Old Jan 20, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

I would get a Toyota Yaris or Honda Fit before I would look at Chinese cars. Maybe in 5-10 years.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 02:13 PM

I trusted the DOT..if it passes the 5mph bumper test...I will rock it for a year till it breaks down....
Old Jan 20, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

If it's anything like the performance companies in the industry now importing and selling product from China, you won't have any support at all as mentioned in a couple others' posts. If it breaks or anything goes wrong, and it will, it will be on your dime.

Tom
Old Jan 20, 2006, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Does it run on rice?
Old Jan 20, 2006, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.yikers.com/video_chinese_car_crash_test.html here is the video, actually i really do think middle and high school kids could make a better car than the chinese auto manufacturers.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 08:17 AM

Oh man, I think that driver's side tire just went into the dummy's anus.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

you guys could ignore the maker of this topic.. those are just the cars made within China.. the ones coming to the US is completely different.. if u didnt here, Chery is taking an entirely different step
1. Hiring German Engineers assisting Chinese engineers
2. Italian designers (Ferrari), but with a distinctive Chinese look
etc..
results are theses...

its quite ridiculous how you guys generlize, talk **** after they prove it to be useless..
mind you, the crash test was one auto manufacturers. All you guys do is talk **** implying all chinese made cars must be crap? wow.. just WOW
Old Jan 22, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Trade with China should be banned. The Chinese devalue their doller on purpose to bring in automanufacturing companies and any other company that cares more about making a buck than supporting their own economy. American auto makers first moved to mexico then prices started to rise there, then they went to China. Fact is no matter how good their product is I will never buy one, same with Hyundai. They can keep their cheap cars, I'll support a company that pays its workers more than .25 cents an hour.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

wow, those concepts are pretttty cool
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

What was the last decent thing to come out of China? SARS?
Old Jan 23, 2006, 02:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Knightracer
Trade with China should be banned. The Chinese devalue their doller on purpose to bring in automanufacturing companies and any other company that cares more about making a buck than supporting their own economy. American auto makers first moved to mexico then prices started to rise there, then they went to China. Fact is no matter how good their product is I will never buy one, same with Hyundai. They can keep their cheap cars, I'll support a company that pays its workers more than .25 cents an hour.
Dude, I agree with you about everything but the last part. The working wage is not exactly a measure of how well people are treated. The thing is, you can get a meal here (Bangkok, Thailand) for about 50cents. You can get a bus ride for a silly 10cents and you can get a huge buch of flowers for like a dollar. So basically a guy getting a 300dollar monthly wage can get by okay without any hardship. While in England, 10pounds an hour is just laughable to live on. I won't/can't go in to details of the economics behind it, but it's really not all as bad as it seems.

There's a lot of things wrong with China and thirdworld countries (like this one) but it bothers me when people focus on wages rather than the actual problem - which is the gap between the haves and the have nots. That has a lot more to do with corruption, social values, education than what people get paid.

Getting back to the point, I can't wait to get Chinese cars as long as stuff like AMS EMS can work on it. I've always wanted to learn how to tune. Blowing up a couple of Chinese engines should be a lot cheaper than messing up an evo.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Knightracer
I do agree with China devalue of their dollar and action should be takenapon it. But your beliefs are out dated from the 80's. Companies such as this automotive company is not a freaking sweatshop. As I went to HongKong in last years summer vacation, i was amazed how the average highschool student wage was approx 70-95 HKD an hour

so lets take
70HKD divide that by 8.6 (Currency may be off alittle)
=8.14 USD
compared to the American mininum pay is what? 7 dollars?
I highly doubt University grads (which is required in this profession) in China will be getting 25 cents

Chinese people are not all sweatshop workers..

Originally Posted by x838nwy

Getting back to the point, I can't wait to get Chinese cars as long as stuff like AMS EMS can work on it. I've always wanted to learn how to tune. Blowing up a couple of Chinese engines should be a lot cheaper than messing up an evo.
Im planning to do the same thing aswell, for the Red hartop convertible i posted a few post ahead. A turbo I4 with a fwd setup is planned for it.. although i wont expect high performance 200+HP from it.. i think its going to decent ride.. and certainly somthing abuseable

if u want more info i found their site..
vvcars.com

Last edited by X_Dragon; Jan 23, 2006 at 06:33 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't know why but, I have this vision of the chinese execs buying an accord and making an exact copy of it and selling it using ebaymotors as their dealership. Then selling it as a Hunda Accerd for $5,000.

Listing: Hunda Accerd Not: Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi. This is a genuine Hunda product. Not a cheap knockoff.

Buy it now: $5,000

Then like three pages of the same listing