Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

How fast can Z06's be really?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
and we drive a mitsubishi
Old Jan 31, 2007, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hondafan
it's still a GM.

stupidest post ever. Im willing ot bet the LS7 motor is built better than any Honda motor ever.

How many Honda motors make 500hp off the showroom floor again? Oh thats right NONE.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FastCoEVO
stupidest post ever. Im willing ot bet the LS7 motor is built better than any Honda motor ever.

How many Honda motors make 500hp off the showroom floor again? Oh thats right NONE.
i don't drive a honda. and it was a joke. and honda doesn't make any 6+ liter V8's.

Last edited by hondafan; Jan 31, 2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Man, I can't believe all the arguing on this thread. The Z06 is an awesome car, and can beat an Evo hands down. BUT 2 seat sports cars are PURE CHEESE. Rolling hard ons. Impractical to the max, you might as well buy a motorcycle! So there... Could even a modded Z06 ever beat a stock Hyabusa? See the argument never ends.

Bottom line is that the Lancer Evolution is a real car, with three kids in the back, screaming wife in the passenger seat, trunk full of groceries and still smokes just about any thing else on the road. Life is good.

Is that sig worthy or what?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhtEvo05
Once again to the person that started this thread about how fast can a Z06 be.

I think you better head over to the Vette forums and ask there. They will be gald to help you out a lot better than on this site. Most people on here always turn it into a heated debate about Evo vs whatever car you mention or ask a simple question about.

This is on OTHER CARS isn't it. I mean Evos are great cars guys ( shows in my sig I much I like them) but there are a lot of other great cars out there that people like to talk about without the comparision thing. God! Get over it and stay on topic.

I'll say it again all the guy wanted to know is "HOW FAST A Z06 CAN BE " He did not ask for Z06 vs Evo or any other car. Its a simple question that if you have input then great. If not then move on.

Go to the Vette Doctors site there is a link to a whole bunch of vids on Vettes that ran at his yearly event at E Town NJ. One of his customers Z06's ran a 7.69 @ 183
mph! What is funny is the car in the next lane got a bad launch and hit a 10.5 @142mph and it seened so slow next to the other. The blk one has hit 9's @153 and it is driven on the road in fact I think the guy works at the shop.

I'll post the vid later on tonight.

That is just one place to look there are many others. Search

Last edited by WhtEvo05; Jan 31, 2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Since your all talking about corvettes.. I traded my evo for a z51 C6( which turns out to be a better all around package then the c5 Z06).. the z51 package adds alot of track essentials. quicker gearing, oil cooler, tranny cooler, cross drilled rotors, zo6 front sway bar, performance springs, F1 supercar tires, thicker rear sway bar... Iv added poly bushings as the cars are really soft.. way to soft really and you cant feel the the cars grip in stock form, but in comparison to modding an evo vs owning one of these cars, I think its just all around cheaper to just own the vette. my insurance went from 140 to 95 dollars.. it doesnt really need many mods, yet im modding anyway. 430whp is pretty easy, headers, cam, ported manifold, intake and a tune.. abour $3500 total. Then you can easily swap your rear fenders for the zo6 fenders and tires.. upgrading the brakes can be done for $1300. The new z06 is just about overkill in the performance category.. it has so much power its hard to even imagine using it.

I couldnt argue more about this car being impractical.. yes to a family man who has to carry people around it doesnt work, but the hatch is large.. I actually fit alot of things in there that would never have fit into the evo with effort... of course being able to daily drive a bicycle to work definately helps.

so to sum all this up IMO.. buying an evo, adding a ton of mods to make it comparable, paying higher insurance was a bad move vs just paying a good price on a factory rocket thats geared to the moon... however the evo has a certain fun factor under 60mph that is hard to beat, unless your comparing it to a lotus.

Last edited by bdking57; Jan 31, 2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
Since your all talking about corvettes.. I traded my evo for a z51 C6( which turns out to be a better all around package then the c5 Z06).. the z51 package adds alot of track essentials. quicker gearing, oil cooler, tranny cooler, cross drilled rotors, zo6 front sway bar, performance springs, F1 supercar tires, thicker rear sway bar... Iv added poly bushings as the cars are really soft.. way to soft really and you cant feel the the cars grip in stock form, but in comparison to modding an evo vs owning one of these cars, I think its just all around cheaper to just own the vette. my insurance went from 140 to 95 dollars.. it doesnt really need many mods, yet im modding anyway. 430whp is pretty easy, headers, cam, ported manifold, intake and a tune.. abour $3500 total. Then you can easily swap your rear fenders for the zo6 fenders and tires.. upgrading the brakes can be done for $1300. The new z06 is just about overkill in the performance category.. it has so much power its hard to even imagine using it.

I couldnt argue more about this car being impractical.. yes to a family man who has to carry people around it doesnt work, but the hatch is large.. I actually fit alot of things in there that would never have fit into the evo with effort... of course being able to daily drive a bicycle to work definately helps.

so to sum all this up IMO.. buying an evo, adding a ton of mods to make it comparable, paying higher insurance was a bad move vs just paying a good price on a factory rocket thats geared to the moon... however the evo has a certain fun factor under 60mph that is hard to beat, unless your comparing it to a lotus.

The C6 z51 is a great car. Your right they are mod friendly and there are a lot of performance ways you can go that will make the car very fast. They drive great two. I've driven a couple since I couldn't test drive the new Z when it first came out. I finallly did get to drive one and that was it. I fell in love and now it will be hear late March early April. Ordered Blk 2lZ. What color is your C6?

Your right I couldn't beleive my insurance on the Z is within a few $$ difference of my Evo. I thought it would be a lot more expensive. In fact my SS trailblazer is the most expensive car I own as far as insurance. Go figure that an SUV!!

I like the idea of putting on the C6 Z06 rear fenders to get more tire under it but PLEASE don't badge it a Z06. I've seen a few of them over on vette forums and they always get Sh** about being a fake. I kinda agree! Would be like takeing a Lancer putting Evo body panels on and calling it an Evo

Good luck with your new ride

Last edited by WhtEvo05; Feb 1, 2007 at 03:45 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 05:10 AM

I just read a fairly new article in the January issue of automobile magazine about the z06 7.0 litre ohv-v8 505hp 470lb-ft of torque the z06 hustles to a 150 faster than the raving pack of ferraris, lamborghinis, and porsches. the car is truely sick fast man. Its best to just leave them alone.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

rebadging is gay lol Id rather debadge it all. agreed. the caravaggio replica fender have removed the break ducting... I think its the optimal look for the standard c6 as it give you a wide body capable of running 355s in the rear. Congrats on your purchase. I have a black 2lz z51 M6 with comp grey wheels.. Should see 410whp in a couple months max.

The only reason the vette doesnt really feel as fast as not geared for extreme track performance like the evo.. something you can easily remedy for about $1000.. so from 0-70 I would expect a modded evo to be faster, but forget about it above that... aerodynamics also play a big part when your going 170mph plus.

Originally Posted by WhtEvo05
The C6 z51 is a great car. Your right they are mod friendly and there are a lot of performance ways you can go that will make the car very fast. They drive great two. I've driven a couple since I couldn't test drive the new Z when it first came out. I finallly did get to drive one and that was it. I fell in love and now it will be hear late March early April. Ordered Blk 2lZ. What color is your C6?

Your right I couldn't beleive my insurance on the Z is within a few $$ difference of my Evo. I thought it would be a lot more expensive. In fact my SS trailblazer is the most expensive car I own as far as insurance. Go figure that an SUV!!

I like the idea of putting on the C6 Z06 rear fenders to get more tire under it but PLEASE don't badge it a Z06. I've seen a few of them over on vette forums and they always get Sh** about being a fake. I kinda agree! Would be like takeing a Lancer putting Evo body panels on and calling it an Evo

Good luck with your new ride

Last edited by bdking57; Feb 1, 2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dinothegreat
Man, I can't believe all the arguing on this thread. The Z06 is an awesome car, and can beat an Evo hands down. BUT 2 seat sports cars are PURE CHEESE. Rolling hard ons. Impractical to the max, you might as well buy a motorcycle! So there... Could even a modded Z06 ever beat a stock Hyabusa? See the argument never ends.

Bottom line is that the Lancer Evolution is a real car, with three kids in the back, screaming wife in the passenger seat, trunk full of groceries and still smokes just about any thing else on the road. Life is good.

Is that sig worthy or what?

No it isint. Because its beyond ignorant. The Evolution is a real car and the Vette isint becaus eit has 2 less doors? When do you realize your driving the poor mans sports car? No one cares. Most of all the people driving in the Vette. 10k in mods in a Vette 10k in mods on a Evo and the Vette will win. Trust me. Oh and by your logic cars like Porsches, Ferraris, and Lambos are all "not really cars" or they are inferior to the Evo?

Im sorry you dont like the sportscar LOOK, you know having two doors, sleek sexy car and all, but its a better car. Period. Oh and I bet if you had a problem with the Vette and took it in, you wouldnt catch a **** ton of grief about the warranty work

and a Modded Z06 can beat a hyabusa. Trust me. You can get enough mods on a Zo6 to easily keep ahead of a stock Hyabusa. But again who cares youd still be a flaming Homo on a bike thats worthless for anything. Get in a head on collison contest on a Hyabusa vs a Vette. See the Vette still wins.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 04:26 PM

But again who cares youd still be a flaming Homo on a bike thats worthless for anything. Get in a head on collison contest on a Hyabusa vs a Vette. See the Vette still wins.
Just curious, why are Hayabusa's worthless? Have you ever ridden one?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just can't believe GM hasn't made an engine to power their flagship rocket that's a little more efficient. closer to at least 100hp/liter, that seems to be average for flagship NA model cars like the S2K, M3, and others. i know they could if they wanted, why don't they though?
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

i just can't believe GM hasn't made an engine to power their flagship rocket that's a little more efficient. closer to at least 100hp/liter, that seems to be average for flagship NA model cars like the S2K, M3, and others. i know they could if they wanted, why don't they though?
who gives a **** about HP/L ? all we care about is the horsepower/torque....nobody buys high powered n/a v8's to be efficient or to carry their kids or groceries in the trunk blah blah....you buy it for PERFORMANCE

besides, the gay s2k and M3's are more "maxed out"....bolt-ons don't do crap on those cars and you need to go forced induction to be kind of fast, but still get slaughtered by z06's (even the older ones)...to get the same HP/L numbers, the engine would need to be 600 HP stock, hahaha....right...you just can't compare a detuned n/a v8 to a high revving more maxed out 4 cyl

what does HP/L do for you at the track when you're getting spanked? lol....NOTHING.....it's like a ricer justifying his slaughter by saying "oh yea, at least I have more HP/L"

Last edited by pb24dagrk; Feb 1, 2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

No it isint. Because its beyond ignorant. The Evolution is a real car and the Vette isint becaus eit has 2 less doors? When do you realize your driving the poor mans sports car? No one cares. Most of all the people driving in the Vette. 10k in mods in a Vette 10k in mods on a Evo and the Vette will win. Trust me. Oh and by your logic cars like Porsches, Ferraris, and Lambos are all "not really cars" or they are inferior to the Evo?

Im sorry you dont like the sportscar LOOK, you know having two doors, sleek sexy car and all, but its a better car. Period. Oh and I bet if you had a problem with the Vette and took it in, you wouldnt catch a **** ton of grief about the warranty work

and a Modded Z06 can beat a hyabusa. Trust me. You can get enough mods on a Zo6 to easily keep ahead of a stock Hyabusa. But again who cares youd still be a flaming Homo on a bike thats worthless for anything. Get in a head on collison contest on a Hyabusa vs a Vette. See the Vette still wins.
haha, EXACTLY...the fact that you can lung around with 5 passengers, kids, and groceries means you're not driving a SPORTS CAR, hahahaha.....people here are so retardedly ignorant it's funny

"omg, my Evo is better than an s7 and mclaren because i can carry my kids around tee hee hee"
Old Feb 1, 2007, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

it's still a GM.

hell yea, and damn proud too

because driving around in a little import with a big wing mostly driven by teenagers and boy racers, is much cooler

Quick Reply: How fast can Z06's be really?