Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Why Mazdaspeed6 or R32 when you could have EVOOO?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Because not everyone wants a "ricer" car. I'm sorry but cars like the evo, sti, wrx are not exactly grown up cars, they're fast, have a stiff ride, don't come with a lot of features and are generally not refined. While the evo is a great car, it's not for everything and it flat out sucks in some respects. Don't be blinded by such fanboy fanaticism, there was life before the evo.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Because not everyone wants a "ricer" car. I'm sorry but cars like the evo, sti, wrx are not exactly grown up cars, they're fast, have a stiff ride, don't come with a lot of features and are generally not refined. While the evo is a great car, it's not for everything and it flat out sucks in some respects. Don't be blinded by such fanboy fanaticism, there was life before the evo.
Life before the Evo??? That was only 3 years before I was born.

I agree 100% though, there are tons of other better cars in some aspects, but overall the Evo is an amazing deal.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are both different class cars. Evo interiors aren't even close. Cable pulleys for the AC/Heat? C'mon...
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:22 PM
Account Disabled

i like r32's my friend has one.. well he's a vw buff, but it handles real good, maybe not evo good, but he's posted fast autox times.. and also the resale value on those things are ridiculous.. almost has no depreciation at all..
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

One of my good buddies that goes to school here with me has a MS6 with a 3071 with a Snow meth kit, and let me tell you that thing is dog slow. Before the meth the car bested a 13.0. With the meth it picked up some but the biggest gain he got was a ETS topmount ic. Yes ETS is the sh*t.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wrceuro
Who cares. That would be the last thing Evo needs. R32 crow. They are the moste retarded and stupid people that I have seen. Maybe the reason they are pissed off is because R32 and VW GTI in general is the number 1 car on the Top 10 cars most loved and owned by Homosexsuals.
Awesome post man.

I previously owned a mkiv R32 and these cars aren't really comparable. It was an amazing car, as is the evo...but they are not in the same class in my opinion.

I loved the interior, sound system, instant power, the sound, the fact that it is more "stealthy" than the evo, and another handful of things...there are a dozen things that I love in the evo too.

Anyway...there are many things that I miss in the R32, and there are many things that I like more about the evo...but they're not in the same class for comparison in my book.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

I would never buy a mazdaspeed anything,but, i almost bought an R32 when the first came out..Very nice car,i would have to say..The interior kills the evo interior hands down,And there are a few companies out there that sell awesome kits for them..But,if you are only looking for performance side of things..The EVO owns the R32..Different strokes for different folks i guess..Justin
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Some people are true VW fanatics- and it's a pretty sweet car. Then as far as the mazdaspeed- I came from a mazdaspeed protege to the evo and I'm still a fan of those cars. But I chose evo

There aren't as many Evo's where I live, Ive' seen a few 32's and liek two Mazdaspeed 6's, mainly it's either a mustang or a scoob!!! ahaha that's why I started midwestevos.com - I felt out numbered.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ambystom01

+1

POWNED!
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not everyone buys a car just on the performance factor or has the same tastes as you do....

both of them cars are also a lot cheaper to insure then an evo too. that has a big part to do with people buying a car
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The last thing we need is people making smart decisions. Then all the idiot drivers would have potent racecars and extra money in their wallets! AHH!
Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

People also don't want every riced out civic revving on them and trying to race stoplight to stoplight.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
not everyone buys a car just on the performance factor or has the same tastes as you do....

both of them cars are also a lot cheaper to insure then an evo too. that has a big part to do with people buying a car
You'd be surprised...my Evo is cheaper to insure than my R32 was.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Dont have a clue why anyone would buy a POS ford mazada speed. Its like the chevy cobalt-ss. A lame attempt to enter a niche market dominated forever by the jap's.

I know those mazadas are extra dog slow here in the desert with that small top mount intercooler with no access to outside air.

The R32 on the other hand has a cult following. Those V-dub headz are diehards, lol.

Evo>R32>MS6
Old Dec 7, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Ah nothing like the fanboys who can't see past their own dashboard. The mazdaspeed6 was a major success for Mazda since it is regarded as a damn fine car by most if not all critics. The chevy cobalts were a big hit for chevy as well since they provided a great entry level performer for a cheap price. They also had factory supported mods, something seriously lacking from the japanese manufacturers who are just now trying to remedy the situation (look at Subaru with the SPT line).

Quick Reply: Why Mazdaspeed6 or R32 when you could have EVOOO?