Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

My Car

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take off that ridiculous body kit. Shoulda did the clean look.

Oem style carbon hood and hatch. lowered on sum type of volk.

To each their own.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pwrofturbo
This forum started as lancerforums. Not evoforums.

Lancer != evo

evo = lancer

Hate to break it to you.

im not going to argue with u and ruin this guys thread.. go back to OT
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:35 PM

hey hey now ladies lol stop it i know its a mitsubishi forusm i just like showing my car off i ahve posted it up on the eclipse forums.org club3g.com clubwrx.net cardomain online-car-show.com and a few others i just like shopwing my car off yes it may not be the perfect car but its my car and its how i picture it yes i need to do some more work yes its still a work in progress and will be done by spring/summer and if your in the NIU dekalb area you will def be able to see my car. thanks everyone im just the biggest fan of mitsubishi in general and so is my gf we both own 3g's yeah they arent eh fastest compared to the evo or the 2g dsm cars but hey we love our cars and any mitsubishi is family :-D

i know the stock evo is a 13sec car depending how good the driver is you ahve to think of that.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your cars pretty straight man, it will for sure look better when you get that different rear bumper on hahah.... but nice lookin car none the less. you gotta make YOUR car the way YOU like it you know

Don
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:54 PM

not bad
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:18 PM

thanks everyone as for the cleaner look adding a oem hood and cf hatch doesnt make it look cleaner and volk rims arent the greatest rims in the world so i dont see why u said them but w/e to each his own i love my car.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 02:52 AM
Evolving Member

Inside is clean.
Outside not so clean

Looks to ricey on the outside. The Lambo doors ruin the cars appeal.

I don't think they even put "Lambo" doors on mercielagos anymore....

put ur front plate in ur window or something.

Also, try and get an actual paint match for your rear bumper. Although I think you should remove it and go back to the stocker Rear bumper.

Just my stupid 0.02 though
Old Nov 5, 2008, 03:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pwrofturbo
The price of a used evo with a ton of mods could buy you a new BMW. What's your point?
well zack,
an evo with a ton of mods would outperform most, if not all bmw's. this guy wants an evo. instead of getting one, he mods his eclipse, spends a fair amount of money and is just breaking into the 14's. my point is, why not save the mod money spent on the eclipse, sell the car, get an evo and be in the 13's or 12's? i thought that was fairly easy to understand.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Most people buy the car they can afford at the time then mod it if they can or even want to. Modding can be a long process as you well know. If he likes the car and wants to mod it he should do it. No matter how this site started, this is the "other car" section, and he has an "other car" so to speak.
I don't think it looks bad at all. But, if it were mine, I would get a solid color paint job over the entire thing and maybe put a few different color accents here and there. But it's not mine, so I'm glad you're doing what you want to with it.
Enjoy,
James
Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by legal-z
well zack,
an evo with a ton of mods would outperform most, if not all bmw's. this guy wants an evo. instead of getting one, he mods his eclipse, spends a fair amount of money and is just breaking into the 14's. my point is, why not save the mod money spent on the eclipse, sell the car, get an evo and be in the 13's or 12's? i thought that was fairly easy to understand.
Irrelevant, perhaps he was given the car as a gift from his parents, the car was his daily, or whatever. There are plenty of reasons to mod a current car over buying a new one, such as not being able to afford a $20,000+ evo on his budget, the insurance, or paying that cash up front. Modding is done over a period of time, and isn't a debt over your head like a car loan is.

What's fairly hard to understand is that by your logic, save the money and you'd be able to buy a something even nicer than an evo. An Evo is the fastest car for the money you say? I'll point out you can buy an old american muscle car for $1000 and with a few grand in the engine and a shot of nitrous you'd be into the 10's. Granted it would still be a POS, but next to what you could spend on an Evo compared to a newer car, the Evo still winds up being a Mitsubishi without a warranty.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
I dont know if your aware or not of when the site started.. and what the name of the site is.. BUT this site is based off evos.. hate to break it to you.. yes lancers are in here.. but this site is an evo site..
Actually this site started as a lancer site, it was only changed to have evos when they came to the US. Overall I think the car is pretty nice but I agree with what some people have said regarding the outside, personally I would have gone for a cleaner, more sleeperish look (lip kit, etc). Are you having grip problems at the track?

Last edited by ambystom01; Nov 5, 2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Old Nov 5, 2008, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I really don't like the body kit. It just doesn't flow very well with the car .. Interior is over the top as well . I know every1 loves carbon fiber, but at some point you have to stop..

Also Lambo doors .. ehhh hate them, even on Lambo cars ..

As long as you are happy with it that is all that matters.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63smokinall4s
I dont know if your aware or not of when the site started.. and what the name of the site is.. BUT this site is based off evos.. hate to break it to you.. yes lancers are in here.. but this site is an evo site..
it was www.lancerforums.com actually the link even still takes you to evom.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 07:31 PM

wow make a ****en new thread if you want to argue about what forums came first its liek the chicken or the egg hmm lancerforums or evo forums ohwell its here now so stop damn sorry to be a jerk about that but damn....

as for the car paint code is the same as when i mixed it. not trying to be an *** but seriously read and you can see what im changing on my car...

rear bumper adding Shine street lip kit, new custom paint job adding side skirts redoing audio layout new rims. and some other things that may come to change also looking to get new interior seats.

actually the place i work at is a car restoration shop and i see these cars all the time i have looked into a nice car but right now i would need about 20k to do it 10k for a nice camaro not a #'s matching but a decent car may need new hood some body work or something you know and then 10k for engine interior paint and so on.

the car i bought with my own money i only had a certain amount i still had to pa for school and this is 1 car i always wanted yes i wish i could of gotten an evo but i couldnt afford it tear

as for the track i had perfect traction and every car i raced i tree'd them bad but i sitll lost becuase most were liek 10-12 sec cars mines nto that fast the fastest my car is gonna eb is about 13sec or so thats good enough for me

when i jump in the real race car thats 7 sec car at 180mph so when i get to drive that just on motor since im not ready for full out 100ft wheelie and going that fast haha i would **** myself plus i dont have that kinda money to fix it if i broke it lmao. i think i hit all the points if not ohwell deal wit hit

Quick Reply: My Car