Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What do you guys think about this car(2010 S4)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
I ordered a 09 C63 AMG ...

Carlos
SAHWHEAT! OK, gotta let me know when this puppy comes in...we need to cruz...

Jim

Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
So this is my updated guys

I woke up on Saturday early despite having a not soo good night of sleep thinking about the dealer search. I first went to see the BMW's( I was looking to drive a 335i, 335d and a M-3 Sedan), just a reminder for some people that don't know me I had a modded 335i Coupe that I still miss. Since the BMW dealer did not have the cars that I wanted on hand I decided to go and check other sports 4 door sedans.

My next stop was the Cdaillac dealer which happens to be next door(I was in the Auto mall in Tucson where all the dealers are located in the same avenue). Anyways, no luck, they did not have a single Cadillac CTS-V on hand and their offer on my Z06 was $50000 trade in(is about right) and $2500 disccount(not enough). They had a V6 Cadillac CTS and I realized that the Cadillac cabin is much smaller that you would think, quality materials are not that good either and the Recaro seat option is $3800.

I then drove to the other side of town to see the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG, unfortunately they did not have any on hand either but guess what, they are giving me $9500 off the MSRP without asking. $7500 disccount comes from Mercedes Benz itself, they are applying that to the 2009 C63 AMG because the 2010 are around the corner and they trying to sell them fast. The other $2000 disccount comes from being a USAA member. Get this, the USAA website actually offers up to $5000 (the dealer told me only $2000). I need to go tomorrow one more time for my last negotiation and see if they want to grant me the full USAA disccount, this will make a total disccount on the C63 AMG car of $12500.

Last but not least, the Audi ****** offer me $43000 for my Z06(MSRP was $77790) and don't have any disccounts at all. I would say, Audi had the worst deal of all.

Any thought ?

Carlos
I've run into people like you in my line of work, but I've never been able to understand the reasoning, and since this is just a forum and we're not on opposite sides of the table, maybe you can clear this up for me.

Do guys like you soley buy cars based on the deal you get, or is it more so about the actual vehicle? I understand you listed a few pros and cons about each car (more cons with the Cadillac) but you did at least consider it. The CTS-V is already a lot cheaper then a comparable German sedan, yet it outperforms all of them. So why is it important that they give you more off sticker then the cars that it competes with that are already thousands (or TENS of thousands) more? Maybe Cadillac doesn't mark their car up as much. Granted, if you like the Benz more then that's that, I just don't get the part where you say "they'd only take 2500 off" of a car they were out of stock of, but you get more off another car that may not be as good, but is still probably more expensive, so that makes it a winner?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way i look at it is that you are in a win win situation.
No matter how you slice your cake any piece will be as good as the next.
Good luck with the MERC.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
I've run into people like you in my line of work, but I've never been able to understand the reasoning, and since this is just a forum and we're not on opposite sides of the table, maybe you can clear this up for me.

Do guys like you soley buy cars based on the deal you get, or is it more so about the actual vehicle? I understand you listed a few pros and cons about each car (more cons with the Cadillac) but you did at least consider it. The CTS-V is already a lot cheaper then a comparable German sedan, yet it outperforms all of them. So why is it important that they give you more off sticker then the cars that it competes with that are already thousands (or TENS of thousands) more? Maybe Cadillac doesn't mark their car up as much. Granted, if you like the Benz more then that's that, I just don't get the part where you say "they'd only take 2500 off" of a car they were out of stock of, but you get more off another car that may not be as good, but is still probably more expensive, so that makes it a winner?
There was more than that. If you read earlier in the thread, he didn't like the interior on the Caddy so much.

Nice buy, Carlos. Sounds like they did you right (good on the trade-in and the incentives), and I'm sure you'll be happy with the MB. The question is, for how long?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by yahu
There was more than that. If you read earlier in the thread, he didn't like the interior on the Caddy so much.
I did read it, which why I said there were more cons with the Cadillac. I don't think they are built any better, but the V's interior is slightly different then a regular CTS plus the Recaros are nice which don't come in a normal CTS.

Last edited by GPTourer; Aug 27, 2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

quick Q: why are people comparing the S4 to a C63, the M3, and CTS-V ?? it was never anywhere near those cars' respective price, or performance ranges, nor was it ever meant to be. thats what the RS4 is for ...
as far as the original Q, i love the new S4! price range of a 335i, or a loaded CTS... great alternative, and typical audi exaust note, and interior we come to expect

Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

@GPTourer - Ah, couldn't tell if that is what you meant with the cons comment (I thought you were more referring to his recent post regarding the Caddy). I think when it comes down to it the incentives for the MB make it comparable in price, especially given that they were ready to give a decent trade-in value.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

gd luck with the buy
remember to post some pictures on the car
get a brabus exhaust system and your car is ready to rock and roll, the sound of that is effing sick
Old Sep 2, 2009, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Carlos,, long time no talk.

I still have my 335i,, took off the jb2sr,, its stock now, turn it in next year. Im leaning towards a Wrangler 2 door.

Link me to pics of your C63. I told a friend about them, as he is turning in his jb3 335i in Jan.

Also,, I got a great deal on a 2008 ZX-14,, lol,, talk about passing power!

This is what I call true brute force!

Take it easy!,, And I love your style of getting in and out of really Hott cars!

You only go around once, as far as we know. Might as well enjoy all the cars you can!
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A little update guys. I picked my car last week, they shipped from another dealer in Cali and I received it in Tucson. This car gas mileage is poor plus you also get hammered with the gas tax which is $2100 but I think many of the other competitors gets hammered as well(M-3 and Cadillac CTS-V). I am not here to "bitsh" about gas prices, it will probably cost me about $60 more a month(big deal).

I ended with a absurd deal of $12000 off plus a tint window job. Originally they offered me $9500 off($7,500 from MB and $2000 from my USAA membership). I was lucky to contact a few people in MB forums and I ran into this local guy that just ordered his C63 AMG with $11000 off. Off course I wanted my disccount to be as good as his so I renegotiated the price.

Two days later they accepted my deal. My car was ordered and when I received my car 5 days later my surprise couldn't be any better. They told me that because of the inconvenience of having to provide a letter from the SSN officce(I have been a ID theft victim recently) and for the inconvinience of having to swicth to a bank "B" they gave me an additional $1000 off.

Add $12000 plus tint window job plus the fact that I paid even less sales taxes and that is your answer in why I ended with a brand new C63 AMG.

Well, I will let the pictures do the "talk":

http://200mph-z06.blogspot.com/
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silvrevo
Carlos,, long time no talk.

I still have my 335i,, took off the jb2sr,, its stock now, turn it in next year. Im leaning towards a Wrangler 2 door.

Link me to pics of your C63. I told a friend about them, as he is turning in his jb3 335i in Jan.

Also,, I got a great deal on a 2008 ZX-14,, lol,, talk about passing power!

This is what I call true brute force!

Take it easy!,, And I love your style of getting in and out of really Hott cars!

You only go around once, as far as we know. Might as well enjoy all the cars you can!
Nice to hear from you... Well. what can I say that you don't know about me, I love to drive cars and to try things different. Fortunately I don't spend my money on drugs, alcohol and stupid **** like that, my achilles tendon are cars and that is what makes me really happy. With the new baby this C63 AMG is more useful, now me and the kids can roll in a sedan.

This car will soon see the Kleemann ECU software upgrade which gives it about 55whp and 40lb-tq(look on www.mbworld.org that is how much power everyone is making with this tune) .

Carlos
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by S6devil
quick Q: why are people comparing the S4 to a C63, the M3, and CTS-V ?? it was never anywhere near those cars' respective price, or performance ranges, nor was it ever meant to be. thats what the RS4 is for ...
as far as the original Q, i love the new S4! price range of a 335i, or a loaded CTS... great alternative, and typical audi exaust note, and interior we come to expect

You are correct. The S4 was never in the same price bucket as the Cadillac , M3 or Mercedes, I am not going to argue that because you are absolutely correct.

The 2010 S4 that I was going to get was about $54K and change unfortunately it had zero dollars disccount for being the first and only one in Tucson and for being so new. The way I eneded bying my C63AMG was even cheaper than the Audi's S4 price but even more loaded.

Carlos
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hova00
The way i look at it is that you are in a win win situation.
No matter how you slice your cake any piece will be as good as the next.
Good luck with the MERC.
Thanks!

Carlos
Old Sep 4, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer

To me I see it differently. In my opinion Cadillac should had roll a red carpet on my when I went to see the CTS-V, they should had their pants down and be bent over already and I am not saying that because I am VIP or special, I am saying that because in the middle of a economy crisis Cadillac should be disccounting anywhere between $5000 and $10000 before I even ask to buy.

In March 2008 I missed a great oportunity to get my Z06 at a good price, even thought I saved $7000 of the MSRP I think is insuficient considering that 5 months after I purchased my car GM came with the employee disccount and I saw disccounts of $11500 on the new 2009 Z06.

Botton line and to make my history short, Cadillac is in no shape and in no condition to only offer me $2500 specially after asking a bail out from the Gov.
$2500 off is totally unaceptable to me and that is why Mercedes $12000 off was undeniably a better deal.

As far is the CTS-V vs C63 AMG, please don't get twisted, the C63 aMG tested 4.1 sec 0-60mph and did a 12.5@115mph. The chips are gaining 55whp and 45lb-tq so it is not really that much behind a Cadillac. In fact, many people ran 12.2@115-116 with no other than MT tires on the C63 AMG. In my book, the C63 AMG is closely behind the Cadillac but with more refinement. The Cadillac Recaros were $3800 option by the way...

Had Cadillac offered me $12000 off and I would be driving an Automatic CTS-V with recaro seats. I think I am happy though

Take care!

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Sep 4, 2009 at 10:31 AM.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about this car(2010 S4)