Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What do you guys think about this car(2010 S4)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What do you guys think about this car(2010 S4)

I am wondering what do you guys think about the new Audi 2010 S4?, I went to see the only one available in Tucson(one of the first ones in the nation).

The engine is absolutely new and redesigned from scratch, it is a 3.0 V6 supercharged. The older S4 engine(V8) has been ditched out for this new 3.0L V6 supercharger.

This car comes with a 7 speed dual clutch and some sort of traction similar to what the YAWC from the Evos. I am considering trading my Z06 for it and pick this new ride.

http://www.carversation.com/2009/04/...i-s4-roadtest/

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews..._s4/index.html

http://www.europeancarweb.com/firstl...ged/index.html

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=7300

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ive/index.html

Carlos
Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it look better in person? From the pics ond vids it looks kind of plain except for all that is going on up front.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mnauelg1702
Does it look better in person? From the pics ond vids it looks kind of plain except for all that is going on up front.
I was seating inside of it and it looks bad a$$. The one that I saw was silver with dark carbon seats with white stiching. The interior had the optional real carbon fiber trim. FOB push start, paddles shifters and a center display all digital. I loved it.

The downside is that the dealer is telling me that because it is the only one in Tucson and one of the first available cars in the country that they do not currently have any incentives. The wife gave the OK, I just need to see how much the will give me for the Z06. I gave them the VIN so that they can do the appraisal. I still need to take the vette to have the real appraisal.

I am expecting them to truly pull their pants down and give me a deal. I want this car. Most of the local dealers are already with their pants down giving you incentives left and right, BMW has $4500 disccount plus another $900 government disccount on their 2009 335D.

Like I said, this car has many feautures that I love, I just need to buff the details and possibly close a deal. Back to your question again, yes, it looks better in person(4 exhaust tips, rear LED taillights, S4 engraved calipers,front LED headlights, etc), the looks is definately there.

I am rolling the dices on this new engine, it is so new that no one knows $hit about it, it is a unqiue design from Audi, previously they made turbos and 4 inline, 5 inline, V6 , V8 , V10 and V12s but this is a supercharger V6. On paper is promising but I wish I knew more(internals, boost levels,transmission specs and limits, etc)

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Aug 20, 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude, you go through cars like crazy haha
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

^I only know one other person that goes through cars like this, but he is a notch or 2 down from Carlos' baller picks!

IMO - I would not dump the Z06 for this, unless you are really tired of the 2-door, or just realize you don't drive it enough due to the limitation. I guess the question is what are your goals for this particular spot in your "lineup." You already have the 4-door bad boy, so are you looking to dump your 2-door for a more luxury bad-ish boy? (obviously won't replace the Evo on cost-to-power increase).

Sounds like you are pretty set on this but what happens in 6 months to a year when you miss the power of the vette? BTW - your wife rocks! Thankfully my wife is similar, but I'm not as crazy as you!
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Got that itch for a new car again? I know how you feel, but I'm not ready to part with my Corvette yet. I test drove a new M3 about 3 hours before I bought the Z06. I loved it, but I knew I would always regret it when a z06 would blast past me on the road. I still wish for some added comforts in the Corvette but I love the performance too much to part with it. For the price, I would still go for an M3. With all the deals you can get, you would get more performance for the money. But if it's the luxury that you want, the S4 is probably a good deal loaded for 60K.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

James
Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:00 PM

Its something different... you definately would be suprising a bunch of people tearin around in that. If you got the money, I say go for it lol
Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

A Z06 to an S4 would be a dramatic change since they are both different body styles and drivetrains.

Audis don't tend to be all that reliable either; I would wait until the 2nd year of the platform.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

not feeling it. Looks raked and the lower door design is lame. Never buy the first generation of any car usually takes a few refinements to work the bugs out. But to each is own. I do like Audi's though big fan of the A8s a lot , stupid expensive to maintain and or repair.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

So this is my updated guys

I woke up on Saturday early despite having a not soo good night of sleep thinking about the dealer search. I first went to see the BMW's( I was looking to drive a 335i, 335d and a M-3 Sedan), just a reminder for some people that don't know me I had a modded 335i Coupe that I still miss. Since the BMW dealer did not have the cars that I wanted on hand I decided to go and check other sports 4 door sedans.

My next stop was the Cdaillac dealer which happens to be next door(I was in the Auto mall in Tucson where all the dealers are located in the same avenue). Anyways, no luck, they did not have a single Cadillac CTS-V on hand and their offer on my Z06 was $50000 trade in(is about right) and $2500 disccount(not enough). They had a V6 Cadillac CTS and I realized that the Cadillac cabin is much smaller that you would think, quality materials are not that good either and the Recaro seat option is $3800.

I then drove to the other side of town to see the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG, unfortunately they did not have any on hand either but guess what, they are giving me $9500 off the MSRP without asking. $7500 disccount comes from Mercedes Benz itself, they are applying that to the 2009 C63 AMG because the 2010 are around the corner and they trying to sell them fast. The other $2000 disccount comes from being a USAA member. Get this, the USAA website actually offers up to $5000 (the dealer told me only $2000). I need to go tomorrow one more time for my last negotiation and see if they want to grant me the full USAA disccount, this will make a total disccount on the C63 AMG car of $12500.

Last but not least, the Audi ****** offer me $43000 for my Z06(MSRP was $77790) and don't have any disccounts at all. I would say, Audi had the worst deal of all.

I am at this point inclined for the C63 AMG but the 12mpg city 19 mpg HWY bothers a lot. The car eats tires very fast too(6000-8000 miles), the rear tires are overwhelmed by the massive power/torque.

Any thought ?

Carlos
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
So this is my updated guys

I woke up on Saturday early despite having a not soo good night of sleep thinking about the dealer search. I first went to see the BMW's( I was looking to drive a 335i, 335d and a M-3 Sedan), just a reminder for some people that don't know me I had a modded 335i Coupe that I still miss. Since the BMW dealer did not have the cars that I wanted on hand I decided to go and check other sports 4 door sedans.

My next stop was the Cdaillac dealer which happens to be next door(I was in the Auto mall in Tucson where all the dealers are located in the same avenue). Anyways, no luck, they did not have a single Cadillac CTS-V on hand and their offer on my Z06 was $50000 trade in(is about right) and $2500 disccount(not enough). They had a V6 Cadillac CTS and I realized that the Cadillac cabin is much smaller that you would think, quality materials are not that good either and the Recaro seat option is $3800.

I then drove to the other side of town to see the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG, unfortunately they did not have any on hand either but guess what, they are giving me $9500 off the MSRP without asking. $7500 disccount comes from Mercedes Benz itself, they are applying that to the 2009 C63 AMG because the 2010 are around the corner and they trying to sell them fast. The other $2000 disccount comes from being a USAA member. Get this, the USAA website actually offers up to $5000 (the dealer told me only $2000). I need to go tomorrow one more time for my last negotiation and see if they want to grant me the full USAA disccount, this will make a total disccount on the C63 AMG car of $12500.

Last but not least, the Audi ****** offer me $43000 for my Z06(MSRP was $77790) and don't have any disccounts at all. I would say, Audi had the worst deal of all.

I am at this point inclined for the C63 AMG but the 12mpg city 19 mpg HWY bothers a lot. The car eats tires very fast too(6000-8000 miles), the rear tires are overwhelmed by the massive power/torque.

Any thought ?

Carlos

Wait, you want to ditch the Z06 for these rides!?!?

What about an RS4? Beautiful cars.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

My father currently has an '08 S4 which he seems to really like but during his last visitation to the dealership, which he bought the car from, they had indicated that they were offering $9k off MSRP on 2010 vehicles. He had called me asking if they were offering the same deal here in the Atlanta region (he lives in Utah) but I have yet been able to swing by the Audi dealership to verify.

I'm going to Utah in a couple weeks for a visit and I'm curious if MB is offering the same incentives? He's a USAA member as well.

To be honest, he had an '07 Passat with the 3.6L before the S4 and he feels the VW was a better deal for the money (technology wise). Both the VW and Audi have had their times in the shop though unfortunately.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Since it sounds like you want to go luxury while also going with a 4-door/more than 2-seater, I would say the C63 is the nicest IMO. Is there talk of them having a C65 or a black in the next couple years or so? How would that grind on you?

The discounts you are getting (especially if you get the whole $5k) look impressive to be sure! Good luck with your decision, Carlos.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That car is way underpowered like most audi.. They build it to fit amongst the c63 and m3 but the HP is 2003 not 2010.. SOrry bro, although a very clean car and probably has nice amenities inside id go for a DCT v8 m3 all day.. the heritage behind BMW tromps audi all day long.. BMW is a drivers car.. I have an E60 m5 and nothing audi makes compares IMO..

Mike
Old Aug 24, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
if your going to go with a audi get the the audi r8

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about this car(2010 S4)