Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Let's see your battle scars

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy, that's one of the things I fear most - getting rear ended waiting to make a left turn, so I try to avoid intersections without the green left arrow while riding. I actually calculated my work route to avoid any left turns without arrows lol.. but I live in a heavy trafficed route.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

my bad motorcycle accident was 8 years ago when i broke my left leg. Thanx for uncle sam because i was still in the military, i stop counting when the bill hit 120,000 but the bills keep coming and i don't have to pay a penny.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm, Lets see.

Riding for 8 yrs till my first accident. Had my bike for 2 days and hand't ridden in 9 months and I though I could keep up with the guys in front. I did keep up with them for most of the day until some dude in Air Force passed me on a turn and then braked right then because he came into hot. I ran off the road and landed on a piece of bamboo. ( I was in Guam in the Navy)

Landed in a sitting position and crushed my back. Fractured my L3 & L4. The piece of bamboo went in to my left side and stopped and inch from my spine. The hole was about the size of a 9mm. Hurt really bad to move my legs or lean forward but at the time I didn't know the extent of the injury. Rode all the way keeping up with them on the straights 120-160 mph. Wasn't really bleeding either. Got home, couldn't really move at all. Layed down on the couch and then the blood started poring our, fast. Still do anything about it. Layed down on bed an the blood starting coming out again. I then said to myself "maybe I did something really bad".

Called a buddy and he took me to the Naval Hospital.

They sent me home 2 days later, a week later I woke up at 3 am freezing cold. Jumped in the shower then I couldn't cool down. remember I am in Guma where it is like 85 yr round.

went to the hospital at like 11 am the next day.

Told the docs the problem, they took my blood. the nurse came running down the hall. I had a really bad blood infection cause whatever was on the piece of bamboo was now in me.

They said I was going into surgery in 10 mins.

They gave me Ketamine or aka Special K was out in 2 mins.

No I have a 7 inch scar on my back cause they had to go in and clean it out. They went 3 in deep.

I am on 20% not from this accident but from the medical negligence of the Military by not telling me my back was broken in 2 spots for 9 months. Until I complained about back problems. Then they said "oh ya it could be because you broke you back" WTF
Old Aug 1, 2011, 04:45 AM

Wow that sucks, prime example of why it's important to always wear gear.