Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

WRX vs ITR discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2002, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Lan Evo
Compared to the ITR, the WRX has more comfort, more "luxury" items.... more low end torque...more grip during corning....

ITR...good high end power, light weight, genuine racing "feel" and....the "type R" badge...
I would way over take the ITR anytime over that fugly WRX (no bad feelings b..it's just the lights man) ... I wouldn't say the WRX is in any way more luxurious or comfortable... Slap a turbo plus internals on that ITR and you're on your way to kicking any WRX ...they are also super rare to find, I luv rare cars that people wetdream about
Old Jun 4, 2002, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EvoSouL
I would way over take the ITR anytime over that fugly WRX (no bad feelings b..it's just the lights man) ... I wouldn't say the WRX is in any way more luxurious or comfortable... Slap a turbo plus internals on that ITR and you're on your way to kicking any WRX ...they are also super rare to find, I luv rare cars that people wetdream about
IF, a very big IF, Subaru ever made the WRX similar to the GC-8 body style, I would have got the car when it first release. The MAJOR reason is the look and that's it.

ITR, undoubtably the best handling FWD from Japan, is great. My point of view to the ITR is, I'd rather keep it N/A than to turbo it. I think turbo will take away the uniqueness of the VTEC. just my thought
Old Jun 4, 2002, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Lan Evo

IF, a very big IF, Subaru ever made the WRX similar to the GC-8 body style, I would have got the car when it first release. The MAJOR reason is the look and that's it.

ITR, undoubtably the best handling FWD from Japan, is great. My point of view to the ITR is, I'd rather keep it N/A than to turbo it. I think turbo will take away the uniqueness of the VTEC. just my thought
As for the WRX and keeping it the same GC-8 body style, I TOTALLY AGREE with you there bro ...I mean WHAT THE FRICK was scoobaroobee thinkin' when they made that new grotesque body style????!!!! If they made the new WRX with the similar GC-8, hands down that car would be in my garage by now ...although I was thinking if I had the WRX, I'd do like a front-end GC-8 conversion

As for the ITR, hell yeah keeping it N/A is unique and very cool, but not as cool as being able to kick 'vettes left and right with a turbo upgrade.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

I've yet to see an itr get beaten by a wrx yet. My friend loves going out and beating beating wrx's constantly. His ITR has a 5zigen exhaust, Aem intake, and cam gears. His car was recently dyno'd at 187whp. That's over 20hp more than a wrx makes at the wheels and it is also hundreds of lbs light than a wrx. To make it even better he stripped the interior out of the ITR, all bumper and door beams are gone, and the wing was never installed and he put a c/f hood on it. So he has a car that runs in the 13's and is a killer track car (tokico shocks, re730 tires, real spoon wheels, front and rear subframe braces too). He has all the parts sitting in his shop to make his ITR turbo'd now too Can't wait to get a ride in it, It's already scary quick now. So I guess my point is the ITR ownz the wrx.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

Exclamation forgot to mention...

oh, btw, the only scoobaroodooobee I like is b's 2.5 rs, because as you all know his car is the SHIZNIT!!!
I really like his rims too

...(kinda felt bad very saying those things about the new WRX look)

oh btw, the US SPEC Lancers are so awesome I might friggin' trade my POS Civic in for one!
Old Jun 4, 2002, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Since we were nothing regarding the GT-R, I decide to create a new thread.

Yay, I finally did it to a thread
Old Jun 4, 2002, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by b_tapper
So I guess my point is the ITR ownz the wrx.
Ahh HELL YEAH! You speak the truth ... and for one to say that another car is better then the one he owns, b, you are truly an amazing role model... I hope all other may learn from such humbleness
Old Jun 4, 2002, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

LAN EVO quit messing with the threads bastardish!!!!!!

...btw, the Skyline R34 is soooo way much better looking than that R32 (going back to original topic, have I created more work for you yet? )
Old Jun 4, 2002, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

LAN EVO quit messing with the threads bastardish!!!!!!

...btw, the Skyline R34 is soooo way much better looking than that R32 (going back to original topic, have I created more work for you yet? )
Haha, this is the very few times I got the chance to "mess" with a thread and I successfully split it without messing it up.

Aight, back on topic.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My point is the Samurai owns the ITR. Once you strip it and put the Escudo parts in then it stomps all over the ITR. The only problem is that a showroom stock Samurai is slower than the ITR. Kind of like the showroom stock WRX is faster than a showroom stock ITR.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MaxR
My point is the Samurai owns the ITR. Once you strip it and put the Escudo parts in then it stomps all over the ITR. The only problem is that a showroom stock Samurai is slower than the ITR. Kind of like the showroom stock WRX is faster than a showroom stock ITR.
What about them damn NINJAs...
Old Jun 4, 2002, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Last time I looked an Escudo was a Susuki Sidekick, and a Chevy Tracker, not a Samurai. I think the pikes peak Escudo shared absolutely nothing but it's name with a factory Escudo.

A stock ITR is faster than a stock WRX, also lighter, and a better handler.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 07:52 AM

man i love my 4 bangers but truthfully an stock itr will never beat a stock rex and thats a fact cuz i raced civic hatchs which is a 2100 pound car with a gsr motor in it and i spanked him by midrange 2nd gear and my cars bone stock see an itr is lighter but wrxs are 4 wheel drive so im not peeling and losing power off the line like a fwd car would plus factory rated torque and 217 when thats what he told me after the race and to your boy with the itr
Old Jun 20, 2003, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, what a way to bring back old thread...even b_tapper posted in it too...

Anyhow, going fast in straight is one thing and road racing is another thing. Of course, I did not have the chance to drive both of these car on a track to give you my opinion.

However, times and times I saw in the "Best Motoring" video, the ITR (older body) were able to hang with all the big boys with 280hp (GT-R, EVO, Sti, RX-7) for quite a bit of the course...it makes you wonder how well it will do against an non-Sti WRX....

Again, only from my previous exposure to these races...
Old Jun 20, 2003, 09:16 AM

u have a piont but since ur going on past experiences let me tell u cars also need good drivers for instance a suckie drive could make a fast car loo reeeeeeeeeeaal slow Iv seen it already

Quick Reply: WRX vs ITR discussion