Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

new Outlander Sport looks like EvoX on anabolics

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 04:47 AM
avk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new Outlander Sport looks like EvoX on anabolics

when I see the new Outlander Sport I have a feeling that it's a blown up Evo X.
looks really weird

some more photos on 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
Old Mar 5, 2010, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You say that it looks like a Evo X on anabolics? that rusian Vodka must be bad a$$ bro. Mitsubishi is a few galaxies behind on the SUV market. Talk to me about Cayenne twin turbo, Dodge SRT-8 SUV, Muranos,BMW X5 M, BMW X6 M, Mercedes MB55L or even a GM Typhoon and we can talk about anabolics. As of today Mitsubishi has absolutely no "anabolic SUV" on the market.

Sorry, I am not bashin just disagreeing with you.

Carlos
Old Mar 7, 2010, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
The design is decent, and it looks a lot better than most of the other crap Mitsubishi has been putting out, all while still sharing the current visual cues of Mitsubishis.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Its for people who think the Sportback looks weird and want to sit up high like the other crossovers. A tall Lancer. It has the corporate face for easy brand recognition. They are trying to not be bland like Honda and Toyota, not have a goofy smiley face like Mazda, but be aggressive.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 08:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

tires look really skinny..
Old Mar 9, 2010, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
tires look really skinny..
Yeah. But since automakers are being forced to meet tougher CAFE requirements. Skinny low resistance hard tires are necessary.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 09:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want to know when Mitsubishi is going to start putting turbos in these SUVs and offering up a bit more HP. They really need to work on their features and options too, compared to Mazda and Nissan they're definitely lacking. Everything else "looks" good, but it's just not a performer.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 09:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

and really needs to bring the ralliart aspect back.. in house performance parts
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ramen_Noodle
I want to know when Mitsubishi is going to start putting turbos in these SUVs and offering up a bit more HP. They really need to work on their features and options too, compared to Mazda and Nissan they're definitely lacking. Everything else "looks" good, but it's just not a performer.
Given the shift toward turbocharging in general along with the CAFE standards, I don't doubt that we'll see it in the near future, especially seeing how Mitsubishi has decent experience in that field.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

and really needs to bring the ralliart aspect back.. in house performance parts
Bring it back? They never launched it unfortunately. They kept hinting at it while I was there but always had some sort of excuse. I think money was of course the issue, because of concerns about warranty, training, and so on. But part of me thinks they just didn't want the US market to have it.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Bring it back? They never launched it unfortunately. They kept hinting at it while I was there but always had some sort of excuse. I think money was of course the issue, because of concerns about warranty, training, and so on. But part of me thinks they just didn't want the US market to have it.
Probably. They have enough warranty issues with stock cars or lightly modded cars, and I think having factory warrantied Ralliart parts will be just as much of a headache, unless they limit it to non-power enhancing mods. Besides, I don't see many people going that route anyway. For example, with Toyota, how many people do you know of who actually have that TRD supercharger in ANY application?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by GPTourer
well now they don't even acklowedge that they have a ralliart department besides the ralliart lancer
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Probably. They have enough warranty issues with stock cars or lightly modded cars, and I think having factory warrantied Ralliart parts will be just as much of a headache, unless they limit it to non-power enhancing mods. Besides, I don't see many people going that route anyway. For example, with Toyota, how many people do you know of who actually have that TRD supercharger in ANY application?
Exactly. If they limited it to just dress up parts it would be a joke and I don't think they want the Ralliart name to be sullied. I've never seen the intercooler pipes on anybody's car though, and I believe they were offered for all Evos through dealers. We just never ordered any. I don't know anyone personally but I've at least seen a couple of tCs and Tundras at shows or online that have superchargers.

well now they don't even acklowedge that they have a ralliart department besides the ralliart lancer
I think its always been like that. We never received any official documentation about Ralliart, justa few flyers to salivate over, and were told there was Ralliart Lancers to sell (and then later the Galant and they were considering a Ralliart Endeavor but decided against it.) They used to encourage us to sell RMR products for base and OZ Lancers and Road Race built most of their show cars, but there was never any overseas help from the UK or Japan in regards to actual Ralliart parts.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Mitsubishi just can't get it right! I don't understand?

Either their cars are good looking, but they lack features and or perfomance or they are ugly and have alot of features and good perfomance. Exactly the reason why they closed their US Design Studio.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...design-studio/

The Mitsubishi Research and Design of America office and design center in Cypress, Calif., are being closed, and 60 employees are being let go, said Moe Durand, a spokesman for Mitsubishi Motors North America on Thursday.

“It’s a reflection of what is going on in the auto industry right now and the economy as a whole,” Mr. Durand said. “Design functions will now revert fully to our headquarters’ facilities in Japan.” (Thank God, finally some decent cars now!)

A small office of the design center in Ann Arbor, Mich., will remain open. Research and testing is being conducted there on an electric vehicle, Mr. Durand said. The Cypress center, which is near Long Beach, was primarily involved in design.

“M.R.D.A. in Cypress did a lot of the work on the new Eclipse and Spyder,” Mr. Durand said. “They had no real current projects under development.”

The demise of the United States design center is the end of an ambitious initiative, undertaken in 2000, to create Mitsubishi vehicles specifically for the American market, separate from Japan. Eclipse, Galant, and a next-generation Montero Sport — ultimately the Endeavor — were all part of a Project America, or PS platform, family of vehicles.

The project, since canceled, can point to very few winners in recent years, except perhaps the attractive but slow-selling Eclipse sports car and Spyder convertible. Other efforts like the Endeavor sport utility and Galant sedan rank squarely in the “flop” category.

“I think it has generally been acknowledged that the PS cars were not a success in the marketplace,” Mr. Durand said.

Last month, it was announced the United States-designed Mitsubishi Raider pickup, another dud, had been canceled.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

not sure if i'm really a fan of these cars...might take awhile for it to grow on me like the evo X did. i did see a commerical for the outlander and thought it was an evo outta the corner of my eye.....that is, until i got a better look and actually paid attention to what the commerical was for and wasn't just walking around the house.

its a sad thing tho when a division closes and more people are outta work

Quick Reply: new Outlander Sport looks like EvoX on anabolics