Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

MY buddy needs help with his subaru! please help!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hopefully I can pull the tables tonight when I am there. If i can i will post them up. i just really feel like this is going to be a stupid easy problem to fix
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The perrin filter setup is known to cause issues fyi.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:55 AM

Has he asked in any of the Subaru boards? He can try www.nasoic.com or www.iwsti.com
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:43 AM

i have a topic up on NASIOC's boards right now, but in all honesty the problem could be a lot of minor things there are quite a few possibilities
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it is pretty hard to help someone when they don't know important information. do you have a wb02? try echoing back the questions on here to said "tuner" and go from there.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 03:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
sounds like this should be on NASIOC (worst acronym and website name EVER btw)
+ 1 milli
Old Nov 2, 2010, 04:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think it is a leak since it started when the tune was completed. Get rid of the perrin intake though. Also what tuning software was used? Could just be the tune in the lower rpm's that someone else said? Can you drive it at all or does it just die out? Are you still running the maf? That is the only time I had a problem with my subaru is with the maf.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 07:22 PM

as an update:

Got down to look at the car and the passenger side back injector was leaking some serious fuel. so obviously we had it seated badly in the fuel rail. We popped it out and put it back in getting rid of the fuel leaking issue (which appeared to be the only problem under the hood) we start the car up and its running fine but RIDICULOUSLY rich so rich my wideband is acting crazy 10.0 and flashing CONSTANTLY. I figure he was tuning the car WITH the fuel injector leaking....and as he started scaling fuel based on his runs (with a leaking injector) he made appropriate cuts to the fuel. We fix this problem and suddenly the engine is seeing a TON more fuel and it is causing it to run so rich its bogging out the car and killing it. basically I thought he needed to make some MAJOR fuel cuts to the map now the injector is fixed and the car should be running ok (I hope...)
Old Nov 2, 2010, 07:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
glad to see it is getting fixed! goodluck and keep us posted as how it is running
Old Nov 2, 2010, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all of your help guys and im sorry for the lack of info on my part. like CaseD has been saying, the car has been in Frankfort for a couple days now so we really only got info relayed from the tuner about what was happening.

just thought i would post this post up, (even how vague it was) because you all have been so helpful with my car, thought i would try with info i have heard. Hopefully this leaking injector was causing the problem and now hopefully this car will be tuned up right and back on the road.

Thanks again for all of your alls help guys! I can always can count on the Evom community....not NASIOC...they always give hell about everything lol no offense haha
Old Nov 2, 2010, 09:17 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
good to hear.. I can't hold it anymore... he should have bought an evo. :-)
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:24 PM

pretty similar story like my previous car, I thought I blew the engine and end up injector #4 stuck open!! +1 I'm glad it work out with your friend bugeye
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

edit: just re read everything.. damn man thats a bummer.. i was tuned with a boost leak lol. made the car trip out after i fixed it so i got retuned.

Last edited by one4; Nov 2, 2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 08:07 AM

im still not out of the woods yet, I am waiting to hear from my tuner at the end of this week to see if he can actually tune it...but I am confident in him to have it up and running
Old Nov 8, 2010, 06:25 PM

time for an update:

DK (my tuner) is alive and well and trying to tune my car. Today I got a message that he has the car "running" but we are still experiencing some issues...
He says the idle is a little weird at times swinging between 12 and 14 on the wideband. I think that could possibly be because the throttle body might be slightly out of adjustment? like slightly too tight where the cables thread into the throttle? causing it to be slightly open at times.

He also says the car is not building any boost currently. not even mechanical boost. I think there was a vacuum line that has come off?

as always. open to ideas..

Quick Reply: MY buddy needs help with his subaru! please help!