Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

SmikeEvo's 2011 Mustang v6 Performance Package - HD Pics

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 06:17 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by WolvieDC
Those Pirelli tires are going to be AWESOME in Michigan... I'll look for your car in the ditch when I visit my folks over christmas.

I do really like the new mustangs... makes me wish I had waited for a 5.0.
He's not in MI anymore.

Originally Posted by dcpatters
It will not take long before the aftermarket catches up with the new V6. There were some offerings with the older 4.0 litre motors, but with this new motor, it's going to be interesting. Is the new Mustang (with V6) lighter than last years V8?
Yeah, but not by much. I imagine his options fill in that gap, too, since he got leather and the sound system.

I don't think there's any ground to rip on the V6 Mustang. It's a 300 hp RWD car in a 3,400 lb package (which sadly qualifies as a lightweight car these days.) On top of that, as Smike has pointed out, the diff ratio in the Performance Package means the car has the same performance numbers as the 2010 GT. Then toss in all the upgraded sway bars, GT brakes and suspension, etc, and the car's looking pretty good. A car with those specs for $25k (or less) is nothing to be ashamed of.

A couple weeks from now I'll be stealing Smike's keys and taking it for a spin so I'll be able to give a second opinion.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 06:25 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 06RS
Congratulations on the new car, I very much like how you put the car together aesthetically. The seat color/stitching looks great. I wouldn't expect such thing on a car from Detroit. I see that you don't have the Brembo package, is it only available with the V8? Have any direct injected Fords had any carbon buildup issues?
The new Mustang engines aren't direct injection from what I've read. Ford decided against it because it cost more and didn't show a significant improvement in economy/power.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...nd-v-8-engines

I've been doing some homework on direct injection valves, though, because I'm considering picking up the new Focus next year. From what I'm understanding, it's best to add a valve cleaning regiment (think SeaFoam into a vac hose) to your regular maintenance schedule.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by otter
I don't think there's any ground to rip on the V6 Mustang. It's a 300 hp RWD car in a 3,400 lb package (which sadly qualifies as a lightweight car these days.) On top of that, as Smike has pointed out, the diff ratio in the Performance Package means the car has the same performance numbers as the 2010 GT. Then toss in all the upgraded sway bars, GT brakes and suspension, etc, and the car's looking pretty good. A car with those specs for $25k (or less) is nothing to be ashamed of.
I wholeheartedly agree. Down right bargain.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not go ahead and get a Prius? You've already got a perf car and the Prius would give you moar money to put into race gas! (couldn't help myself...you bought a 6cyl stang)
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by atxMR
Why not go ahead and get a Prius? You've already got a perf car and the Prius would give you moar money to put into race gas! (couldn't help myself...you bought a 6cyl stang)
/facepalm

For what its worth, a Prius loaded up to be equal to what my Mustang is -- costs more!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
The new Mustang engines aren't direct injection from what I've read. Ford decided against it because it cost more and didn't show a significant improvement in economy/power.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...nd-v-8-engines

I've been doing some homework on direct injection valves, though, because I'm considering picking up the new Focus next year. From what I'm understanding, it's best to add a valve cleaning regiment (think SeaFoam into a vac hose) to your regular maintenance schedule.
Right. With the variable intake and exhaust cams they are able to get good mpg and horsepower. Win-win in my book.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Right. With the variable intake and exhaust cams they are able to get good mpg and horsepower. Win-win in my book.
Like I said before as along as you are happy there is no reason to Justify your purchase. I do however believe that most people are disagreeing with your purchase as the Meaning of a Mustang is sorta missing. They are V8 beasts and have an AWESOME sound to go with that V8 power. You purchased the Secretary's/Hair Dressers version and the meaning of the Mustang is sorta lost. Most people would view a V6 Mustang as a loss although this new V6 is quite nice I doubt it carries the Mustang essence.

That is all we are saying.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Like I said before as along as you are happy there is no reason to Justify your purchase. I do however believe that most people are disagreeing with your purchase as the Meaning of a Mustang is sorta missing. They are V8 beasts and have an AWESOME sound to go with that V8 power. You purchased the Secretary's/Hair Dressers version and the meaning of the Mustang is sorta lost. Most people would view a V6 Mustang as a loss although this new V6 is quite nice I doubt it carries the Mustang essence.

That is all we are saying.
I agree with you to a point. Its the same as the SBC v. BBC (or for here 2.0l v. 2.4l) motor guys. I always was a SBC guy. Got the same flack when I rebuilt my Vette with a SBC. Its new school muscle. v6 instead of a v8. Different sound for sure. But same idea as the guys from the 60s.

and its a bit different than whats expected.

Last edited by Smike; Nov 10, 2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I find it humorous that evo owners making fun of a V6.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
I find it humorous that evo owners making fun of a V6.
Why is that?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont understand the argument to get the V8 and that the V6 is for secretaries and ladies coming from people who own a 4cyl turbo that makes less HP stock than the V6 stock.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:24 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
I dont understand the argument to get the V8 and that the V6 is for secretaries and ladies coming from people who own a 4cyl turbo that makes less HP stock than the V6 stock.
Because with a $200 tactrix cable, you can turn a 291HP Evo into 375HP Evo. And the Evo has an infinitely better chassis. And independent rear suspension. And no 113mph speed limiter. And no Ford depriciation.

In Smike's defense, I'm pretty sure we'll love 'em no matter what he drives.

Snippet from a morning AIM conversation:

That Smike (8:34:15 AM): so much whining from Evo guys on my car -- lol

That Noize (8:38:23 AM): Its because most Evo guys like virtues the Mustang does not possess... Its kinda like losing a fellow Jedi to the Darkside

Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
Because with a $200 tactrix cable, you can turn a 291HP Evo into 375HP Evo. And the Evo has an infinitely better chassis. And independent rear suspension. And no 113mph speed limiter. And no Ford depriciation.

In Smike's defense, I'm pretty sure we'll love 'em no matter what he drives.

Snippet from a morning AIM conversation:

That Smike (8:34:15 AM): so much whining from Evo guys on my car -- lol

That Noize (8:38:23 AM): Its because most Evo guys like virtues the Mustang does not possess... Its kinda like losing a fellow Jedi to the Darkside

Somewhat right. Just a re-tune will not get you that power. In an 8 -- TBE, MBC, intake filter, fuel pump, cams, tune = 375 whp. Say a generic base price 32k + at least 2k-3k in mods and work = 34-35k for that power.

IRS is not then end all for handling. This car handles as well as the Evo does (stock v. stock). 8/9 was .95 200 ft skid pad -- my Mustang .95 200 ft skid pad.

Oh and X peoples (updated with MT data):
0-60 mph : 5.4 sec.(manual)
0-¼ mile : 14.0 sec @ 96.9 mph (manual)
60-0 braking distance : 111 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.99 g

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...test_data.html

Me (MT tested):
0-60 mph: 5.1 sec
0-¼ mile : 13.7 at 102.0
60-0 braking distance : 105 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.95 g

And the limiter easily can be removed with an ECU programmer.

Last edited by Smike; Nov 10, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:43 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
Somewhat right. Just a re-tune will note get you that power. In an 8 -- TBE, MBC, intake filter, fuel pump, cams, tune = 375 whp. Say a generic base price 32k + at least 2k-3k in mods and work = 34-35k for that power.

IRS is not then end all for handling. This car handles as well as the Evo does (stock v. stock). 8/9 was .95 200 ft skid pad -- my Mustang .95 200 ft skid pad.

Oh and X peoples:
0-60 mph : 5.0 sec.(manual)
0-¼ mile : 13.8 sec @ 105.0 mph(manual)
60-0 braking distance : 117 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.87 g

Me (MT tested):

That's convienently the worst X skidpad number I've ever seen in my entire life. Strangely, its also the highest trap speed I've seen as well.

Put your mag racer up, buddy. Come visiting in the Focus, it'll be lots more fun for me!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:44 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Somewhat right. Just a re-tune will note get you that power. In an 8 -- TBE, MBC, intake filter, fuel pump, cams, tune = 375 whp. Say a generic base price 32k + at least 2k-3k in mods and work = 34-35k for that power.

Oh and X peoples:
0-60 mph : 5.0 sec.(manual)
0-¼ mile : 13.8 sec @ 105.0 mph(manual)
60-0 braking distance : 117 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.87 g

Me (MT tested):

can you post your evo IX numbers as well? j/k

Quick Reply: SmikeEvo's 2011 Mustang v6 Performance Package - HD Pics