Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Range Rover Sport SuperCharged - Needs some snow tires!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Range Rover Sport SuperCharged - Needs some snow tires!

Hey guys,

So I was out on the west coast (Washington State) and found a good deal on a range rover sport, I went ahead and bought it and drove back to Connecticut with it, made the trip back in 44hours

Been working on murdering it out, got the grill and side vents paint matched, wheels powder coated, tints on the front windows, and tail lights tinted, finally getting to the look I'm really liking...there's a big big problem though.

We've been getting hit with tons of snow in CT and the tires that came with it SUCK in the snow, I was stuck in my driveway for 20 mins, and my little brother got out with his little dodge stratus like it was nothing, the continentals I have now just spin in place when any snow or ice touches it...which makes the car embarrassing to drive anywhere in the snow lol

Do you guys have any snow tires you recommend for SUV's/Trucks. I usually go with LM Blizzaks for the evo, but I've never owned an SUV before and I know thread patterns and stuff changes on larger cars. Looking to get something asap, so I'd really appreciate some help! I've done some searching on TireRack but haven't seen anything in stock...I know I'm really really late on buying snow tires, but I've only had the car for a month...so not my fault!!

Range Rover Sport Supercharged current on 275/40/20

Last edited by MTRJunior; Jan 29, 2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Michelin Alpin Latitudes
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

I have a set of Blizzaks, and they've done wonders compared to my Falken street tire. If your on no budget, then grab some more Blizzaks.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Blizzaks FTW!