Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Most Wanted's 2011 CTSV

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
What happen to you today? I didn't see you at the NSCRA event.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah it was a bummer. Someone called me Sat night and wanted to place an offer on my house on Sun. So unfortuneately I had to do the grown up thing lol... Plus I had called a bunch of people and many said they were going to PRI. Looks like I missed a good time at PBI though But if I sell my home I can play harder Lets hope it was worth missing the event... I really wanted to go too...
Old Dec 6, 2011, 07:34 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Very nice. I'm in love with the current-gen CTS-V (wagon please!); just a shame that I can't afford one
Old Dec 6, 2011, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So where are gonna move to if the house is sold? Come closer to south so we can meet up or go to the track.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That car is sick!!! I want one so bad!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VKEVO
So where are gonna move to if the house is sold? Come closer to south so we can meet up or go to the track.
getting a condo on the beach n Ft Lauderdale And at some point, preferably closer to the time my son needs to start actual school, I will be buying a house in Atlanta but keeping the condo so we can travel back and forth. My home in PSL is nice but just too far from anything. It would be great if we were old, retired, and boring lol...

As for track time, Im willing to go any time so give me a shout

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Dec 6, 2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
That car is sick!!! I want one so bad!
Thanks. Gotta be honest, its awesome. Far better than I expected. Im an AMG guy by heart but this car really makes the AMG's look pretty bad. Once the holidays are over I'll start with the mods. The guy who will be doing some of the harder installs is located withn minutes of where my new place will be. I am so anxious to make this mean but my sons bday is next weekend and we'll have family here and then christmas right after. Just too busy to pull it apart in the garage. There was a period of about a week where I was so impressed with the car I was thinking of leaving it alone. Im over that though lol... Time to mod...
Old Dec 6, 2011, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

You know you owe me a ride in that thing next time I am in Florida for the parts I came down there and picked up a couple years ago!!!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
You know you owe me a ride in that thing next time I am in Florida for the parts I came down there and picked up a couple years ago!!!
No problem. Come on down and drive it
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Glad that you're finally deciding to make the move to GA man. You'll love it here.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lillev23
Glad that you're finally deciding to make the move to GA man. You'll love it here.
Yeah we can't wait. But I absolutely have to sell my house first. Need the equity out so we can buy something nice up there. I have found some amazing homes but our hands are tied until we sell. I have a ton of interest but no one can secure financing it will happen sooner or later.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
No problem. Come on down and drive it
As much as I would love to drive it, I refuse to drive other peoples cars. But, I would still love a ride in that thing when it is done!!!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
Very nice. I'm in love with the current-gen CTS-V (wagon please!); just a shame that I can't afford one
a neighbor has the v wagon, all blacked out incl rims, AND yellow brake calipers. gosh its hooot
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Quick update...

Ran to PBIR for a drift event. Had to run the V down the 1/4 mile for fun. I drove an hour to the track, ran through tech, and was driving to the lanes and they said load up. Car was heat soaked and had a full tank of gas. Wouldnt you know it, I ended up lining up against a GTR lol... Well I ran the car as it comes from the factory. Didnt even touch the tire pressure and babied the launch in fear of blowing the tires off the car. I havent driven a rwd car in about 10 years lol... But the car performed as expected. Not only did I beat the GTR I ran an impressive 12.3@115 w/ a 1.9 60'. I launched at 1K with the traction control on lol... The gtr did run a 12.1@117 but I beat him on the reaction time and 60' Cant wait for mods.... I only did one pass. No need to beat it. I just wanted a baseline and since that was close to some of the best times Ive seen Im confident the car is runing well. No doubt the cars have gone 11.9 bone stock as people have claimed. Im sure I couldve done much better with better weather, multiple passes to learn the car, and actually launching the car instead of rolling into it... But it was a fun night none the less...
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Quick update...

Ran to PBIR for a drift event. Had to run the V down the 1/4 mile for fun. I drove an hour to the track, ran through tech, and was driving to the lanes and they said load up. Car was heat soaked and had a full tank of gas. Wouldnt you know it, I ended up lining up against a GTR lol... Well I ran the car as it comes from the factory. Didnt even touch the tire pressure and babied the launch in fear of blowing the tires off the car. I havent driven a rwd car in about 10 years lol... But the car performed as expected. Not only did I beat the GTR I ran an impressive 12.3@115 w/ a 1.9 60'. I launched at 1K with the traction control on lol... The gtr did run a 12.1@117 but I beat him on the reaction time and 60' Cant wait for mods.... I only did one pass. No need to beat it. I just wanted a baseline and since that was close to some of the best times Ive seen Im confident the car is runing well. No doubt the cars have gone 11.9 bone stock as people have claimed. Im sure I couldve done much better with better weather, multiple passes to learn the car, and actually launching the car instead of rolling into it... But it was a fun night none the less...
thats awesome! I am seriously considering this car.

How is the handling coming from an evo?

How comfortable is it for daily driving, any stiffness at all?

I am considering a 2009, any difference between 2009 vs 2011?

Last edited by sloweclipse; Dec 17, 2011 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Most Wanted's 2011 CTSV