Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo X vs Jeep SRT 8

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X vs Jeep SRT 8

ok ok i know not even comparable 60 k plus price tag truck vs a 35k plus car. But there are alot of expensive cars or trucks that i would not pick over the evo. So forget the money. I use my evo as a DD but dont drive to far 3 miles away from my job 10 miles away from school and only go 2 days a week. So gas not much of a problem. IM just wondering would you trade your evo for a jeep srt 8 either the older ones or the new one. Just looking to see what your pros or cons of this swap would be.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

You probably already know the PROS and CONS of the evo since you own one and drive it. You need to ask this question on an SRT8 Forum. You may get better results for the Pros and Cons of the Jeep.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

I would be all over that SRT8 if gas wasn't an issue. Those things are dead sexy and sound mean as hell. I am sure the driving experience is not even a comparison however with the evo. I think another big factor for me would be wether or not I need a family vehicle which the evo most certainly is not. I say if the Cherokee is in your cards then I would be all over it!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

For me there's nothing like the 2012 SRT8 ill take that before a Range rover supercharged, ML63 & Cayenne Turbo even when the Turbo S when it comes out ill still take the srt8 beofre either one of them.
You think im crazy, trust me i drove them all but heaven't drove the new 2012 Srt8 drove the old one and better then all of the above.

If you could afford $60k go for it.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

That's my dream, now that i have two evo's and if i could afford the New SRT8 to haul my 8 to the track.

Forget it, I would make James Bond look silly.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah i sat in the new 2012. It's more of an Evo X to the 9 & 8's.

It's more grown up compared to the older srt8's. Still has the power and after reading/watching reviews. Its still a beast.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with the posts above, you know best what you need from your car...

If you want my personal opinion, although I like the srt-8, I would stick with my evo...simply because it's a great and fun DD + has tons of potential and will most probably become my track car in the future

Those to me are all reasons why the srt-8 doesn't fit my expectations from a car

However, I have a semi just imagining hauling the evo to the track with the srt-8

cheers
Old Mar 5, 2012, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to MotorTrend the 2012 Jeep SRT8 does 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds.

That's pretty fast for a Jeep lol

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t8_first_test/
Old Mar 5, 2012, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 04Evo851374
For me there's nothing like the 2012 SRT8 ill take that before a Range rover supercharged, ML63 & Cayenne Turbo even when the Turbo S when it comes out ill still take the srt8 beofre either one of them.
You think im crazy, trust me i drove them all but heaven't drove the new 2012 Srt8 drove the old one and better then all of the above.

If you could afford $60k go for it.

that is a quite bold statment. But if you like it that much, it is def.made for you.

I would still rocking the ML63 AMG or the Cayenne Turbo instead of a Jeep.

and that has nothing to do with a performance really. They all very close in that segment. But end of the day, the Jeeps is a Jeep.

Means : Just Enough Essential Parts. Which would be good if would be tru still. LOL
Just joking.

But the fact is from your list the Cayenne S would be the only one i would skipp it for the SRT.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
that is a quite bold statment. But if you like it that much, it is def.made for you.

I would still rocking the ML63 AMG or the Cayenne Turbo instead of a Jeep.

and that has nothing to do with a performance really. They all very close in that segment. But end of the day, the Jeeps is a Jeep.

Means : Just Enough Essential Parts. Which would be good if would be tru still. LOL
Just joking.

But the fact is from your list the Cayenne S would be the only one i would skipp it for the SRT.

At the end of the day though, your driving a base level mercedes re-branded as a jeep with an american motor lol.

You get the fancy snanzy interior, and the mechanics of a jeep. lol
Old Mar 5, 2012, 08:21 PM

Evo X for the win until the diesel wrangler comes out!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:35 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

I've always wondered why Jeep never tried coming up with a direct competitor to the Evo & STi. Definitely a niche market that was never catered to by the US automakers.

Just think it would be kinda neat if Jeep brought back their 1969 XJ001 concept, or something similar. Small, lightweight, fulltime 4WD, and then stuff a bigass v8 under the bonnet..

More info here, if anyone's interested in such a monster..

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/..._feature9.html

I'd buy one
Old Mar 6, 2012, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i got a evo 8 nd a srt8 jeep i am happi with both but the jeep takes wayy to much gas and handling is not all that
Old Mar 6, 2012, 08:37 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
I clicked this thread and feel like I'm in bizarro world reading some of the responses.

Would I trade my Evo for an SRT-8? HECK NO! I like cars that handle and brake as well as accelerate. I don't want to drive around some monster un-aerodynamic Borg cube. I don't care how much horsepower it has. I like performance cars, no SUVs for me.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeh, i think most all here know the pros and cons. and gas expense, poor handling, and n/a are things we'd rather live without. :P

and both are close in price when it comes to used market. Kind of gives an idea how much/quickly those SRT models depreciate

Quick Reply: Evo X vs Jeep SRT 8