Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

LS1 vs. Evo VIII: Oh how the mighty have fallen

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2004, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1 vs. Evo VIII: Oh how the mighty have fallen

I have to share this with you guys. While I was trolling through other forums looking for race stories against our evo's i found a very interesting post on the ls1.com boards.

The title of the thread is: LS1 vs. Evo VIII: Oh how the mighty have fallen.

It 's about a Camaro owner who had a test drive in an evo and instantly fell in love. As you can imagine it caused quite a fuss with the V-8 guys.

Here read for yourself:
http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=455392
Old Jan 27, 2004, 02:07 AM

good stuff
Old Jan 27, 2004, 03:18 AM

I've been putting on my flame suit trying to convince people to test drive the Evo. Well, I have nothing to lose if they don't drive it, anyway
Old Jan 27, 2004, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Nice writeup
Old Jan 27, 2004, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

that a good write up. i was very suprises on how civilized those ls1 people are. if one of us said that about a ls1 we would of tore him a new a$$ h###.

evo proved to be top dog once again
Old Jan 27, 2004, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

I love how all the V8 guys instantly think "rice."
They have no idea what TRUE rice is.
The Evo is not rice, it has some "ricey" aspects, but is not "rice" itself.
Rice would consist of triple-tier erector set wing, HUGE fart can, gay vinyls, and ugly *** gaudy body kit.
Yeah, so the Evo has clear taillights, "ricey" if you will, but I personally think they look decent on the car. And, it has a big wing, but it's functional, not ghey.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by cutlass73
Rice would consist of triple-tier erector set wing, HUGE fart can, gay vinyls, and ugly *** gaudy body kit.
this is the true defenition of rice for all you people that think the evo is rice.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

I have a general disclaimer which says it's not rice if it's fast. You can have all the body kits, wings, rims you want if the car still funs 11's then it's not rice. Just my opinion.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks Lowness!!!

Dude thanks for posting that link. That was freaking awesome man, that was practically word for word what 99% of my arguements with most "car fanatics" are. I've had just about every possible FUN combination of car u can think of to name a few: 84 Toyota Cressida station wagon with a '95 twin turbo supra motor in it/ 1980 Toyota Corolla with a 406 small block chevy and a powerglide/ 82 Toyota Starlet with a 89 mitsubishi starion 2.6 turbo/ ORIGINAL 67 chevelle SS 396 4-spd/ 84 Buick Regal 383 small block with a 200 shot/ 87 Notchback Mustang 347 procharger c-4 w/transbrake and my list goes on and on........For those out there who know me, know I'm not bull****ting here, most those cars I sold are still out there in the streets and on the track to this day, and most of the owners are damn happy with em. I know I had a hell of a lot of fun with em and made a lot of money at the street races with em. But my whole point is there are lots of cars out there and lots of combinations out there possible, trust me BEEN there DONE that, but there is no comparison to AWD-TURBO-STREET TIRES-DRIVE IT TO THE TRACK run in the 11's, lower the boost crank the a/c back on, and drive back home leaving all those die hard v8 muscle car guys scratching their heads wondering WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? A little 4 Bangr just made about 6 passes in the 11's on street tires, full interior, not stripped down, loaded up his wife and 2 daughters into the car and drove home in the same damn same car 10 minutes later.............Dudes, TURBO 4 BANGRS are just as much game as anything else out there trying to make power and go fast.......We can just do it in the snow/rain/mud/ice OR dry asphalt...........And u guys cant most of the time........been there done that
Old Jan 27, 2004, 08:47 AM

That was an awesome link, it is pretty cool how some "true enthusiasts" realize the potential of the EVO and most realize that it is a true contender to be reckoned! I came from a supercharged 5.0, and I will never go back. I realize now my performance needs go further than a straight line. That what I think.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

My significant other's 19 year old son is an officer in a Mustang club and works in a Mustang Shop and drives a 5.0 with aluminum heads, trick injection, coil overs, monster wheels and tires and brakes. No back seat, stiffened chassis, racing seats. His car is really great. I wouldn't race him in a 30mph - 100 roll on yet.
He would trade cars in a heart beat. He loves my EVO and drives it every chance he gets.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

american muscle cars are specialized in going straight.. nutin else... thats why it hurts their pride so much that the evo can beat it on a straight
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by mifesto
american muscle cars are specialized in going straight.. nutin else... thats why it hurts their pride so much that the evo can beat it on a straight
Against an Fbody, the Evo will need a couple of cheap mods to take it at the strip and a couple more to take it on the highway. Against a Mustang, the Evo has a good chance against anything short of a S/C Cobra on the strip, but, again, it will get taken on the highway. They don't really fear the car's straightline abilities stock so much as they fear what you can do with it and $2000 in mods. Of course, the handling of an Evo is something that muscle car guys can only dream of.... Overall, for under $30k you won't find a car that can outperform an Evo in all around performancem and that is what makes the car so special.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

That writeup just boosted my desire for an Evo %100!!!!

I wish I could afford one...
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:43 AM

I know quite a few V8 guys, they all refuse to sit in my car because they know they'll love it. It's kinda funny really.

Quick Reply: LS1 vs. Evo VIII: Oh how the mighty have fallen