Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

New wife-mobile!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 08:53 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
New wife-mobile!

At some point in 2013, my wife decided she wanted a truck. She builds some furniture in our house, and hauls around small-medium sized pieces of wood. Her truck was paid off, getting on in miles, and out of warranty. It was a crew cab long bed, and a pain in the butt for her to park. Add all this in with the fact that it's needed to be worked on more than other cars we've owned in the past, and it was time to part ways with it.

I had a GTI in the past, and it was a great daily driver, just a crummy car to really modify more than super basic bolt on mods. I had a manual transmission, and with only a tune and downpipe, the clutch on my 9000 mile GTI started slipping, so I removed the mods, and traded that car in on another Evo.

Fast forward to today, almost four years later, and we traded my wife's truck in on a 2017 GTI SE. I could not be more ecstatic! The SE has with the DSG transmission, a real LSD, uprated brakes over the base GTI, panoramic sunroof, leather, and a killer factory stereo. This will be our primary family car. We got it in Night Blue.

Right after we picked it up, a torrential downpour started, so I am at lack of quality pics at the moment.

Name:  IMG_7342.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  264.5 KB
Still at the dealership.

Name:  IMG_7351.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  280.5 KB
At home in the garage. The BRZ is a good friend's car who is out of the country most of the time, so I get the honor of babysitting it and driving it sparingly.

Thanks for looking.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 09:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
trying to convince my sister to buy one of these... not really working, she's leaning towards a WRX
Old Mar 27, 2017, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
trying to convince my sister to buy one of these... not really working, she's leaning towards a WRX
Don't WRXs have pretty good resale?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 09:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
WRX's have insane resale...lol
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by moparfan
Don't WRXs have pretty good resale?
thats not that big of an issue for her, she usually drives her cars till death. Her last STi made it to 170k when it blew a headgasket. at that point it was eating a quart of oil per week and pretty much needed an engine rebuild so she just sold it.