Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

CSF Radiator’s EVO X / Race Car

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 04:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
point is, its not a pos because they didn't enter a dyno competition
Old Oct 18, 2020, 01:19 AM
yip
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
It's been through a major overhaul over the last 10 months and it looks like they addressed a lot of the issues that were brought up in this thread. Most of the original fab work that Sheepey did has be redone by Afterhours. I think there will be a full reveal on everything in the next week or two as they are going to enter SLB with it.

The following 2 users liked this post by yip:
deylag (Oct 18, 2020), JDZNate (Oct 25, 2020)
Old Nov 11, 2020, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yip
It's been through a major overhaul over the last 10 months and it looks like they addressed a lot of the issues that were brought up in this thread. Most of the original fab work that Sheepey did has be redone by Afterhours. I think there will be a full reveal on everything in the next week or two as they are going to enter SLB with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z838...ture=emb_title
to be completely honest, in my experience with sheepey their crowd always seem kind of cocky and pretentious. Seems like they make quality parts but they seemed more centered around show than go. But again, this is just from personal observations and interaction.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:46 PM
yip
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by subi slayer
to be completely honest, in my experience with sheepey their crowd always seem kind of cocky and pretentious. Seems like they make quality parts but they seemed more centered around show than go. But again, this is just from personal observations and interaction.
At this point most of the work that Sheepey originally did has been replaced or modified by another fabricator. The stuff that Sheepey did was primarily for show since that was what CSF originally built the car for but now it's been changed over to almost full race setup by the new fabricator who specializes in motorsports engineering.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yip
At this point most of the work that Sheepey originally did has been replaced or modified by another fabricator. The stuff that Sheepey did was primarily for show since that was what CSF originally built the car for but now it's been changed over to almost full race setup by the new fabricator who specializes in motorsports engineering.
It's funny in the video he suggests there's not many evo x racecars because 4b11 is a weak platform but that's not true and their engine fire happened because of fuel starvation issues. That's good they got a new fabricator but I think they went with up pipes again which seems like a strange choice.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
I saw some footage of the CSF Evo X on the track. It looks fast. I did not see the times so I hope those will be posted later.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 07:15 PM
yip
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by deylag
I saw some footage of the CSF Evo X on the track. It looks fast. I did not see the times so I hope those will be posted later.
Power steering pump failed so he had to drive it with no power steering the whole weekend. I believe his best time was 1:46.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 09:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by yip
Power steering pump failed so he had to drive it with no power steering the whole weekend. I believe his best time was 1:46.
1:49.8
as far as I know he only drove it for 2 sessions, he didn't actually drive it all weekend with no power steering. its kinda their own fault, they had all week to fix it but they decided to take it to some photoshoot or something instead.

View this post on Instagram
Old Nov 22, 2020, 07:58 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
It’s funny I’ve been following this car and it’s been rather lackluster. Once dude got that SS Cover it went to his head and he really thinks this is the best CZ4A around.

Old Nov 23, 2020, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yip
Hmm, that's weird I thought they were using an electric power steering rack and pinion.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 08:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Hmm, that's weird I thought they were using an electric power steering rack and pinion.
There is still a pump. Electric power steering is still hydaulic assist, the pump is just directly driven by an electric motor instead of the the engine with a belt

Originally Posted by Jacblack
It’s funny I’ve been following this car and it’s been rather lackluster. Once dude got that SS Cover it went to his head and he really thinks this is the best CZ4A around.
The car has a lot of money in it, I'll give him that. But there's certainly a lot of things I don't personally like about it.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 08:16 PM
EvoM Guru

they figured out that its actually the rack. it started breaking stuff internally and sent bits of metal into the pump, which broke the pump.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warmmilk
they figured out that its actually the rack. it started breaking stuff internally and sent bits of metal into the pump, which broke the pump.
Damn, that's bad luck. Maybe time to try a different EPS system.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 08:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
The car has a lot of money in it, I'll give him that. But there's certainly a lot of things I don't personally like about it.
I mostly like the car (as a time attack car) but I hate rotiform wheels on anything... but holy crap is the owner annoying and loves to hear himself talk. suddenly I understand why feminists hate mansplaining. kinda makes me wanna ditch my csf radiator, haha
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
lmao

i heard they had some mechanical issues at their test, and weren't breaking any records on top of that. any specifics?

Quick Reply: CSF Radiator’s EVO X / Race Car